Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Why are Other Seeds Still Connected After Download?

by Radish on 2015/08/08 08:40:03 PM    
Why does Tixati allow seeds to still be connected after a download is complete? I can't see the point of this.

Wouldn't it better to just not allow other seeds to connect once a download is completed?
by Guest on 2015/08/08 09:35:48 PM    
Look in the peers tab.

They disconnect after 5-10 seconds, and it says "Both peers complete".
by Pete on 2015/08/09 09:22:07 AM    
Unlike many other torrent programs Tixati displays all peers by default, including disconnected ones. If you used (for example) uTorrent before, this may look like seeds are still connected. Check the Status column as Guest said.
by Guest on 2015/08/09 01:55:36 PM    
Yes, I did look on the "Peers" tab and yes I did notice that it says "Both peers complete" in the "Status" column but thought that wasn't telling me anything as the "%" column also gives the same information i.e. 100% = these are other seeds.

What confuses things is the information given in the "Link" column. In that column, for other seeds, it seems that they can be in two states (and still be displaying the "Both peers complete" information in the "Status" column):

(1) An upward pointing arrow, a "U" and a closed green padlock.
(2) An upward pointing arrow, a "T" and a closed green padlock.

I'm not sure how to interpret that information. (Really it would be helpful if there was a webpage that explains this "link" column and all of the various states that it will display and what they mean.) In any case, I take it that the green closed padlock means that these other seeds are connected (not disconnected) - and I don't understand why.
by Napsterbater on 2015/08/11 08:44:53 PM    
The color coding of the peer, "Both peers compete" in the status column, no bar in the progress column and not bandwidth in or out from that peer are indicators that clients is not connected.

The Padlock only indicates if that peer connection is/was encrypted or not.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server