Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Documentation/explaination for queue management features needed

by Bugmagnet on 2015/08/08 04:55:10 PM    
re v 2.15
* optional automatic seed queue management system that rotates seeds in and out of standby depending on seed/peer counts and bandwidth
* optional download queue auto-skip feature that will start additional queued downloads when bandwidth is under-utilized
* queue management is fully configurable via XMLe in Settings > Transfers > General"

First, the image on Settings > Transfers > General needs to be updated to reflect the current design and feature set.
i.e SSDP is explained but the option is not shown on the older image.
and the options for "Auto-manage slots" is neither shown nor explained.

I am very excited about this long-prayed for feature but when I clicked the  button I was left scratching my head on how to properly configure the variables involved.

<downloadautoskipqueue
maxextraslots=[2500 8 40]    //max extra download slots, can be a plain integer, or [ *dlslots/1000 min max ]

In this example, what is the 2500?
What is the 8?  (min?)
What is the 40?  (max?)

and what is "*dlslots/1000"? Can you provide an example of syntax for this alternative?

Once I grasp the basic concepts better, I'll try to wrap my head around those 3-dimensional tables :)
by Pete on 2015/08/09 09:38:18 AM    
maxextraslots=[2500 8 40]    //max extra download slots, can be a plain integer, or [ *dlslots/1000 min max ]

My guess is: you can set an integer value (10 for example) or a set of three values. With second option the maxextraslots will be calculated based on number of download slots:
2500 will be multiplied by the number of download slots and divided by 1000
if the result is less than 8 it will be 8 instead
if the result is more than 40 it will be 40 instead

So for example, I've got 2 download slots: 2500 * 2 / 1000 = 5 , that is lower than 8 so my maxextraslots is set to 8.
by Bugmagnet on 2015/08/09 08:12:18 PM    
That helps a little Pete. a little complicated by the formula of adding a value that will then be divided by 1000.  why 2500/1000 instead of simply entering 2.5? Eliminates dealing with floating point math?

I also note that some quick revisions were made to the support page, including a link to a 'coming soon' page for details of the new queue system, currently "under construction".

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server