Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

3 Bugs (v2.14a1) and Feature Requests

by Guest on 2015/07/17 02:49:22 PM    
3 bugs:

1. I found a memory leak bug. (also present in v2.12)

> Reproduce this way:

Connect to a channel. Go to the share-tab of that channel. Edit shares. Copy and paste a lot of magnetlinks/shares (say:40.000). Save Changes. (RAM shoots up with about 200mb on my system)
Then go to the main share tab (not the channel one). Click Add --> Mirror --> Channel that you pasted all the above links in. wait untill all links are added in the list. (RAM shoots up with another 200mb).
Then click edit on the main share tab and remove the line starting with ##mirror(mirror of the channel with the shares). Save Changes. (Memory stays at where it was before the change and doesn't diminish with 200mb.).

2. For some reason if you select and right-click a torrent in the transfers-tab (and only there). It takes a long time before the menu is shown (gui is unresponive for that time).
  ps. the more shares you have in the channels the slower the rightclick in the transfers-tab is... weirdly.

3. Putting more than 62.798 magnetlinks (say 100.000) in a channel share will crash Tixati (on LinuxMint it just disappears). But only when it has uploaded the shares to the channel or reaches about 62.760 shares and not before (this takes a while). Also a note that the share-tab of the channel will only show 62.798 lines/magnetlinks (even cutting links of in the middle). But when I press edit it shows all 100.000 of them.

my systems:

Linux 64-bit Lubuntu in a VM. (clean install)
clean install of the Stable version(2.12) and Alpha(2.14a1) 64bit builds

Other system is Linux Mint 17.2 64-bit running v2.12 64bit build.

Feature requests:

- Different/multiple threads(and core usage) for channels(especially streaming) and transfers.
- Chat/Channels accessible in the web-interface (if you can, encrypted or via https) so i can chat on my phone. It doesn't have to be eye candy :), I'll make my own webinterface.
- An option that rotates my available seeds. Say I have 60 seeds but my router/cablemodem/ISP-connection can only handle traffic for 4 at a time. That it seeds for 30 minutes and then stop and starts the next one for 30 minutes and so on.

Keep up the good work :-D.
Best torrentclient so far.
by John on 2015/07/19 09:01:21 AM    
Usage Report:

1. Very good bandwidth graph - even and balanced. The variations in both the download and upload speeds are minor:

http://prikachi.com/images/221/8243221Q.png

Bugs:

4. Almost all new torrents get stucked at 99%, even when there are plenty of seeders. It just stops downloading. Had to restart Tixati to recognise and finish some of the torrents. Many are still unfinished.

This is critical. Please fix it.

OS - Win 7 Pro SP1 32-bit.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server