Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Optimizations

by Guest on 2015/07/10 04:51:14 PM    
I have been using Tixati only for a short while, because I usually use another torrent client, but I recently switched to this client to download a torrent others refuse to.

Below are things, I have noticed are really slow or obscure. It would be nice if those get fixed/optimized in the future:

1. "Allocating..."; This takes much longer than it should. Just create the file, seek to the end and write a single byte, then close it.

2. "Checking..."; I have this one a lot. If you fear of other processes changing your file, do not drop the file handle of it. As an alternative, do not check the file at all, as long as it is not needed. Just verify that a piece (if asked for) is correct. If not, add it again to the download list.

3. GUI Thread; Whenever I click on something that possible takes a long time to complete (add large torrent, check torrent, enable and disable large groups of files) it should be in a background thread.

4. Startup; Please load the GUI first and only after it has been shown everything else.

5. Nonsensical blocking; Download only starts, once allocation has been completely finished, but downloads could already start as soon as the first file has been allocated.

6. Cancelling; Allocation and/or checking does not stop if I deselect a file or a group of files.

Thank you for your consideration

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server