Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati causing problems when defragmenting pc

by Guest on 2013/09/13 08:33:16 PM    
Good day to you,

for the last month whenever i do a defrag the results show fragmented files from Tixati.

Results below:

Fragments       File Size       Most fragmented files
4               375 KB          \Documents and Settings\name\Application Data\tixati\core2.dat
3               84 KB           \Documents and Settings\name\Application Data\tixati\upnp_diagnostic_log.txt

How can i fix this?

Regards,
Geust
by Guest on 2013/09/20 04:01:21 PM    
>> 375 KB
>> 84 KB

lol

if serious:
1) stop tixati, then defragment
2) write script which waits for tixati to close, then defragments tixati directory
3) use ssd
by nnq2603 on 2013/09/20 05:48:41 PM    
I think it's not even a issue, nor about Tixati neither about your PC performance at all.

As you wrote down. those 2 files only take a few hundred kilo-bytes in your HDD. They're too small to even bother defragment. What impact a 375KB *.dat file and a smaller *.log file slow-down whole your PC performance?? You don't even notice any effect (if any) without seeing those 2 files in fragment list, do you? In fact, Windows and HDD always deal with fragment files (by design) and a file with 4 fragment not a big issue, especially it's only about 375KB.

I think you should forget them or care less about them, because it's not a performance problem nor has anything to do with this Tixati support forum.
by DrTeeth on 2013/09/21 12:09:19 AM    
Close Tixati before defragging? I would not worry about it to be honest, too little to bother about. What defragger are you using?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server