Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature suggestion: Add a filter box to the files tab

by Guest on 2015/06/30 06:45:32 PM    
Just like qBittorrent:

(Pic removed by Mod)

It comes very handy with torrents with a lot of files for searching the ones we want to download.

Regards.
by Jorge24 on 2015/08/29 12:45:23 AM    
I would also love this feature. The advantage of the filter box in qBittorrent is that you can filter the list of files in a single torrent as opposed to filtering the list of all torrents. In qBittorrent, the files remaining after filtering tell you in which folder they located and you have the option to open said folder.
by Guest on 2015/09/16 01:16:28 AM    
This sounds useful to me as well.

Additionally I would really love to see a expand all/collapse all possibility for the files view.

I've finally collected the contents of a 264GiB share and it has some 25 root directories which branch out into around 4 levels deep in the sub-directory structure.

Due to my initial space limitation I selectively picked files from throughout the stucture to fit the space I had.

There is some oppurtunity to leave the files panel and come back without it reseting the view, some actions (which I didn't make note of..) will reset view. I can't count the times I was reopening all those directories to continue selecting files for download. :-)
by Pete on 2015/09/16 04:33:06 PM    
In order to expand all directories one level use ctrl+a then right arrow key.
by Guest on 2015/09/16 05:22:55 PM    
Excellent! Thank you.

I figured there may be some key combination and am embarrassed that I hadn't tried a lot of things.

Do you happen to know of any list of hotkeys specific to tixati?  ..similarly executable arguements?

I have stumbled onto a meta arguement of some sort, which I only made note of and carried on with other things.
by Pete on 2015/09/18 10:16:25 PM    
I don't know about any comprehensive list. I've learned some from Help & Support or from the forum, the rest by trial and error.
A few command line options are mentioned in this topic: http://forum.tixati.com/support/1231/
by Guest on 2015/09/19 05:28:35 PM    
The 'select all' then right arrow as it worked for me isn't quite up to snuff.

It appears to require multiple uses in order to expand deeper sub-directories. Presumably since subs which are not in view are not selected, makes sense but is I guess the reason this approach isn't really a viable substitute for a feature which would absolutely expand the whole tree.

Thanks for the link on the command line arguments. I've not checked them out but the exploration in that thread is limited to startup otions -- which is nice.

Tixati also accepts a 'meta-file' as can be demonstrated by using something like "tixati foo". I never followed up on it, but guess it's expecting a .torrent or some other sort of file with magnet: dsc: etc in it.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server