Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

magnet links

by resku on 2015/06/26 11:56:55 PM    
Hello fellow users of Tixati.

Recently I have encountered a problem when I attempt to download from a website using magnet links.
The magnet links are of the format;

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:(hash)&dn=(name)&tr=(tracker)&tr=(tracker)&tr=(tracker)&tr=(tracker)
(Edit: Had to replace with "(" and ")" as it messed up the post in the forum, but square brackets are used in Tixati.)

or so I have deciphered from using for example;

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:609f2437f65b2c8&dn=FileName&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.name%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fsometracker%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.anothertracker%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fand.another.tracker%3A6969.

As you can see, it follows, Hash -> Name -> Tracker -> Tracker -> Tracker -> Tracker.
I used the following format in the Meta Info tab under; "Magnet links formats for transfer popup menu".

In my browser Firefox, Tixati does not recognize the magnet link and I am sent to the page where it tells me "File not found".
Using other sites, I have not encountered this problem as Firefox opens up the download window and I use "open up with Tixati" as usual and everything works normally.

Have I used the wrong format for the magnet link as earlier mentioned in this post, or is there another way I have to write it in order for Tixati to recognize the magnet link as such?
Is there a way to fix this problem, or do I have to continue manually copy/paste the magnet links into the Add feature under Transfers?

Thank you for any responses in this matter.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server