Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Add Tixati to Startup

by loninappleton on 2015/06/17 07:37:55 PM    
In the install routine for Tixati 2.1.2 and previous the installer says (I forget) adding to start menu or something.

It does this without an option to add it to the start menu manually and then doesn't load it in start menu anyway.

I tried a workaround by making a shortcut in the Tixati folder and adding that to the Win XP Startup folder but a restart did not load the program.

My old hardware is sometimes flakey and this always on machine occasionally goes through a restart cycle (sometimes at night unattended)  which error I have not found.  I did look through the setup options in Tx but did not find anything relevant.

Please clarify how to add Tixati to Win XP startup.
by Pete on 2015/06/17 08:41:44 PM    
The installer only adds a shortcut in Windows' start menu, not in the autostart folder.

For auto starting Tixati use Auto-Startup. Right click the tray icon or Tixati's top menu to access Auto-Startup options. Settings that work for me are: "Hidden in Tray" with "Delay 1 minute".
by loninappleton on 2015/06/18 06:33:33 AM    
Ok I'll try what you said.
by loninappleton on 2015/06/18 06:46:30 AM    
The icon hops around a bit but I guess Tx did autostart after a minute or so using your suggestion.  Strange that I didn't see the splash screen in this mode of autostart.
by Guest on 2020/04/04 04:14:38 AM    
Thanks for this pointer.  I was banging my head against the wall trying to setup systemd to autolaunch Tixati at startup.  This is much simpler.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server