Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Win 8.1 Moving Files to NAS Drive

by Puff on 2015/06/09 04:00:04 PM    
I've just migrated from Tixati on Win7 to Tixati 2.11 on Win8.1

I've got a NAS Drive mapped as drive X.

All the existing Torrents are chugging away quite happily on the X drive.

However when I try to manually move a file or Torrent to the NAS Drive I can't see the NAS drive.

When I try to move It shows me Desktop and underneath has Libraries, Network , This PC.

If I go into This PC I only see Music, Downloads, Video, Pictures and the local hard drives/DVD.

If I go into Network I see a list of PCs on the Network.

On "This PC" the NAS drive appears uner "Network Connections"

Any Suggestions as to how I get the X: Drive to appear in Tixati ?
by Napsterbater on 2015/06/10 08:42:11 AM    
Confirm you are not running Tixati "as Administrator", check the compatibility tab for the exe/shortcut.

Running apps running "as Administrator" are treated as a different user with the same name by windows in some cases (a tad confusing yes), and Network Drives are mapped per user (not per username).
by Puff on 2015/06/10 11:24:17 AM    
I checked that and Tixati is running as a user rether than administrator.

Also I can move files to the favourite folders on the NAS which had already been defined on the Win7 PC.

The shortcuts are defined as X:\Folder.

From a Tixati design point of view one issue is that Tixati only allows new paths to be defined using the GUI. It doesn't allow the editing of existing paths or to type a path in manually.
by Guest on 2015/06/10 07:09:46 PM    
From a Tixati design point of view one issue is that Tixati only allows new paths to be defined using the GUI. It doesn't allow the editing of existing paths or to type a path in manually.

you can type a path in manually.

click the 'add' button on the transfers page and press settings. there you can select editable full paths.

or

in settings->user interface->behavior you can also select editable full paths
by maryak on 2015/07/12 08:56:52 AM    
Hi All,

My 1st post!

Have you mapped a network drive? Doing this should allow tixati to see the nas folders without opening the network.

HTH

Maryak
by Guest on 2015/07/14 09:34:50 AM    
BUT...
Tixati, in it's current version, is really a bad choise when you want to have your downloads stored on a network drive.
After each restart of Tixati, it will recheck a major part of what you downloaded during the latest run.

This is an acknowledge bug in tixati and I really hope they will bring a fix soon, so that I can start using Tixati again.
by Guest on 2015/07/15 09:54:55 PM    
Here is an update on where I have got to.

I have found in Win 8.1 that there are several ways to map network drives.

If I open Windows Explorer there are options on the menu at the top to "Map Network Drive" and "Add a Network Location"

Map Network Drive will assign a drive letter to a Network Drive but it does not appear in the list of Network Locations

Add a Network Location allows you to browse to a Network Location and give a name which the network location appears as under the list of network locations. The Network Locations do not have drive letters associated with them even if the network location already has a mapping.  These Network Locations are not accessible from the Tixati GUI.

I did find however that there was another way which is to browse down through the list of netwrk locatios on the left hand side of the explorer GUI and drill down to vaolume on a network location and right click on the volume. There is then a "Map Network Drive..." Option. Selecting this allows you to select a Letter to map the network drive to.  This drive will appear in the list of Network Locations with the UNC Path and a letter assocaited with it.  This drive is accessible from the Tixati GUIs.

However I've still got a problem in that I want to assign drive X to this share. I can successfully assign letters such as W: or Z: to the share but if I assign X: which is what Tixati knows about it never appears in the list of Network Locations. The drive is mapped in the list of mapped drives shown under the under the list of mapped drives on the "Map Network Drive" dialog box at the top of the screen but it's not accessible from the Tixati GUI.

I've stopped Tixati , unmapped drives from DOS using "Net Use x: Delete" remapped, rebooted etc. I've even tried mapping to drive W: and going into Regedit and changing W: to X: and the drive disappears.

There was a suggestion also to enable full editiable paths. I have selected this under the Transfer Loading option on User Interface.

This has a very limited benefit in that when I am starting a transfer I can manually type in a path or select an existing favourite and modify it.

Once the transfer has started I can only change the save location through the GUI. I can only move individual files through the GUI and if you want the list of customized location shortcuts this can only be done through the GUI.

As I still can't get at Drive x: through the GUI and this is the one that all the existing transfers are mapped to I'm still a bit stuck.

I'm running Win 8.1 with a single user and with a local login not an email address fi tjhat provides an clues.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server