Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Viewing my IP in Tixati

by Guest on 2013/09/10 12:42:46 AM    
Is there a way I can see my IP in Tixati (just to ensure everything on my end shows up to the outside world properly)?
by Guest on 2013/11/09 03:08:15 AM    
View the Peer Tabs.  make sure you have the status peer view check..  go to Layout tab on the right top corner. Hit Select columns tab. Peer view tab. make a check mark on Status.
Now go to an active p2p link Download or Upload
Click on Peers Tabs
you should see "Self connect"
and on the left is your IP Address
by Guest on 2013/11/09 02:59:54 PM    
Did not see "self connect" after the new settings.
by AUTOBOT on 2013/11/09 03:01:09 PM    
Do not see "self Connect" after changing the settings as described
by Net.Engineer12 on 2014/02/01 05:57:54 AM    
Click on Transfers Tabs (the two green arrows)
Click on Layout Tabs (on your right corner view)
Click and mark on Tab View and also mark Sortable View (the black circle interface)
Click on Select Columns..."
Click on "Peer View"
Make a check mark primary on Status, Client, Flag, Location, Link, Location, % Complete
Hit "X Close"
Now go to an active p2p link Download or Upload
Click on Peers Tabs (next to tracker tab)
you should see "Self connect"
and on the left is your IP Address
You must click on the status bar (if troubling Viewing your client and Self-Connect ip address)
You should see self-connect on either the download or upload (please be very vigilant viewing the Self connect along with Tixati on client)

If trouble:
Hit the status bar on the Peer Tab (make sure you see Self connect in text)
you will almost always see "Self connect" on the status view
See for "Tixati 1.96" on the Client view
by Guest on 2014/02/07 03:03:03 PM    
This did not work for me, at all. I appreciate the help but I cannot see self-connect anywhere and you've drawn a really good map so that I should be able to see it.

Thanks anyway, but I just don't know why it isn't showing. And, yes, I'm using v1.96.

Kind Regards
by Guest on 2014/02/07 04:23:01 PM    
You may not always notice the self-connect or it may display timed out connecting instead. find a torrent that doesnt have many people and look in peers tab, the address column. Now look for the port you are using. Go to home tab and look in the bottom right side to know what port you are using. If you dont see your port right click the torrent and force DHT search or go to trackers tab and refresh trackers. That should get the torrent to find you and find your ip.
by Pete on 2014/02/07 10:33:38 PM    
Now look for the port you are using.
Good idea, you can also use text filter (enabled in Layout menu), set it to search through peers and type your port number. This will filter only torrents where a peer with your port number is on peers list, usually that means yourself, unless you use some common number like 6881 for example. This will not filter peers however, so you still need to look for Self connect or your port number on peers list.
by Guest on 2014/02/10 06:40:18 PM    
There are dozen of ways to find your IP address... Click on properties (transfer section) and look at the Peer Tab to find your self-connect ip address...
Click layout (tab box) and go down on Peers  >  ... click on show  and there a way to look for your ip address... hit on those arrow and you will see your self-connect ip address...  (You must be downloading a torrent file for Tixati to see your own ip address!)
by ARvsAK on 2014/04/24 10:04:01 PM    
I am having the same issue.  Following all of the instructions above, I am unable to find "self connect" or my port number anywhere in the PEERS tab.

I am using a PROXY server (if that matters) and want to make sure my IP is showing as the PROXY IP and not the IP provided by my ISP.

Help?
by Sailor24 on 2014/05/01 05:49:35 PM    
If using a proxy then you won't see your IP or port number if the proxy is working. You will see the proxies numbers. Yours might be working perfect. That said if things are not working correctly with the proxy and you don't have two way connection, you also will not see your numbers. The best way to see what is going on is with two computers on the same torrent. The one you want to check should have the torrent stopped, the other should be running the torrent and not going through a proxy. While watching the running machine start up the other machines torrent. The second computer IP and port will now show up on the first machine and if things are good you will be able to read the IP and port representing that computer.

Chose a very low or even dead peer torrent to use.
by Guest on 2014/05/10 01:09:37 AM    
Hmmm, ok - found "self-connect".  BUT, I'm sitting behind a VPN.  Which address do other users see - my real one or the one provided by the VPN?  I truly hope it's not my real one?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server