Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Allow both IPs to be sent/used by the tracker.

by Napsterbater on 2015/05/28 05:01:40 AM    
When set for v4 Prefered add the IPv6 address to the announce string that is sent to the server, and when in v6 prefered send the v4 address.

Also maybe add a field to set/override the external/WAN IP (v4 and/or v6) that is sent in this case.

I have a NATed IPv4 (Open/Port Forwarded) connection and a non NATed IPv6 (no nat in IPv6) that is open.

Well Tixati only connects to the tracker via one protocol (as it should) and the tracker uses the IP it sees to announce to other peers.

With my suggestion (on compatible trackers) the tracker will get both.

I.e.: When set for IPv4 prefered connect to tracker via IPv4 and add the IPv6 to the announce string, and vice versa.

This is how Vuze does it/allows it to be done, as I use a tracker that sees both my IPv4 and my IPv6
by Napsterbater on 2015/06/08 06:07:30 AM    
Still hoping for this.
by Napsterbater on 2015/08/11 09:04:00 PM    
Maybe an option field can be added.

On the Connections Page just under Network mode.
A field for "Additional IP to report to the tracker".

So say, if IPv4 is prefered, I can add an IPv6 address there to also report, or vice versa.

This way trackers can hand out both address to other clients, who may be IPv6 only or IPv4 only.
by Napsterbater on 2015/09/08 08:52:34 AM    
Still hoping for this.
by Batchman on 2015/09/14 11:21:01 AM    
+1 for this, but send both available ips everytime, unless you use "only" network mode

better for compatibility, better in closed networks, overall not that much work :)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server