Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

How do you open\use the Linux side of Tixati portable?

by Guest on 2015/05/27 05:22:31 AM    
Just started using Linux (Ubuntu specifically). So not very knowledgeable, but based on some light internet searching because Linux sees the file type as 'executable' and I would go to properties->permissions->toggle to executable-> click ok\apply and it'll run. Instead it won't allow me to toggle. I feel like I'm missing something. You're help is appreciated.
by mehdus on 2015/06/24 01:14:46 AM    
Are you trying to run it from windows partition? (ntfs or fat)
by Guest on 2016/02/18 11:18:43 PM    
I try to use it from NTFS, although even if I unzip the package to other partitions I can not run it. It returns the prompt after a short time. What's missing on my system? (Arch)

The windows binary runs just fine when I start it in windows from the shared NTFS folder.
by YandereKate on 2016/02/20 05:27:22 PM    
Either you don't have permissions to change the file (unlikely) or you are trying to using it on a partition that doesn't support executable flag e.g. NTFS/FAT(32) (more likely) or mount permissions are preventing from it happening.

open up a terminal and run the following

In this example I store my binaries in ~/bin
but change the folder to what you are using.

ls -lh ~/bin/tixati-2.32-a1.linux-64bit/tixati
total 32M
-rw-r--r-- 1 kate users 32M Jan 18 04:25 tixati

chmod +x ~/bin/tixati-2.32-a1.linux-64bit/tixati

ls -lh ~/bin/tixati-2.32-a1.linux-64bit/tixati
total 32M
-rwxr-xr-x 1 kate users 32M Jan 18 04:25 tixati*

'ls -lh' will list the file(s) and show you their permissions

chmod changes permissions.

if that doesn't work try chmod with sudo in front of it. e.g. 'sudo chmod'

and if that still doesn't work try it from your home directory.
by Guest on 2016/03/08 10:39:25 PM    
The problem was my immutable home directory (chattr +i). I thought protable mode should work with that, but it still needs the '$HOME/.tixati/' directory to create the 'lock.dat' file and the 'uds.dat' socket in it.

It would be better to use $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/tixati/ instead of course, but tixati is so cool anyway ;)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server