Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Connection Aborted Problem

by Guest on 2015/05/25 12:25:33 AM    
Hello! I'm using Tixati for quite some time now and worked like a charm but recently i keep getting error "ConnectionAborted10:10053" and my upload is very very low never goes up to mu full upload speed. There is any way to fix it? Honestly i think i've tried everything..
by Sailor24 on 2015/05/29 01:40:16 AM    
Bet you have not tried this... check with your ISP and make sure IVP6 settings are as THEY want.
by Napsterbater on 2015/05/31 08:33:55 PM    
What does IPv6 have to do with "ConnectionAborted10:10053".... nothing. Depending on the ISP they COULD be playing games with torrent connections. Have you tried forcing encryption and changing ports?
by Sailor24 on 2015/06/02 05:49:03 AM    
It has a huge amount to do with things. Incorrect IVP6 settings interfere with IVP4 connections. Really bad settings may make your router connect to nothing. It is also the most reported problem for IVP4 connections.

But maybe it is one of the other things they said they have tried.
by Napsterbater on 2015/06/02 07:20:30 AM    
IPv6 has nothing to do with IPv4, they are completely different.

A working or non working IPv6 connection or settings will not break IPv4 connectivity.

You can have IPv4 without IPv6, you can have IPv6 without IPv4, or you have both.

A misconfigured IPv6 can only break IPv6 connections.

Now it can break access to sites like Facebook and others that run IPv4 and v6 as your system will prefer IPv6, or connection using FQDN that has a AAAA record for the same reason, but there are so few IPv6 clients in torrent swarms that he is most likely seeing this on IPv4 host, which again will not be affected by IPv6 settings.

Just to add that I have at least some knowledge of what I am talking about with IPv6.
ipv6.he.net/certification/scoresheet.php?pass_name=Napsterbater
by Napsterbater on 2015/06/02 07:29:28 AM    
And to add, if his "IPv6 settings" were breaking things, it wouldn't be limited to torrent connections, it would break everything, loading websites, playing games etc.

Most likely if most or all of his torrent connections are getting aborted I would start looking at the ISP, unless he has a Software/Hardware Firewall that is blocking tixati.
by Sailor24 on 2015/06/02 11:37:20 PM    
Not to rain on your expert parade but... I have faced this same problem twice. Yes if I left things eventually I had no connection via my router, took a week. At the beginning it started by dropping peer connections then got worse and worse.
My ISP had changed something according to them because one phone call to them had things sorted and the dude on the phone was much more helpful than posters on the net.
After the second time the ISP troubleshooter just helped me turn IVP6 off completely on my machines. Never seen this problem since. I have a torrent friendly ISP all may not be so helpful. I am sure the tech had at min your creds but his manners were definitely better.
by Napsterbater on 2015/06/03 04:45:50 AM    
So you are saying you had thee exact error ok "ConnectionAborted10:10053".

Again, I'm not saying to cant have general Internet issues with invalid IPv6 settings, In fact I said you can.

I said you CAN NOT HAVE direct IPv4 connections issues like a "ConnectionAborted10:10053" error to an IPv4 because of Invalid IPv6 settings.

And if you have to Disable IPv6 to have a working internet, you have a broken or misconfigured ISP or LAN.
by Guest on 2015/06/04 12:29:40 AM    
Disregarding the above catfight, I had a similar experience to the OP.

Essentially, I had an obscure torrent with a single seed. However, the seed was in the peer list twice, once with an IPv4 address, and once with an IPv6 address. Connecting to one address caused the other to disconnect (giving your 'connection aborted' message), and vice versa.

I guess you can only have one open connection to a peer, which makes sense. If you are curious if this is the case for you, you can double-click to see the ID of a peer when they are connected to you.

Also not sure if this helps, but I had faster download speeds when I connected to the seed with IPv4.
by Napsterbater on 2015/06/04 08:08:25 PM    
Guest you shouldn't and probably weren't getting "connection aborted" but probably "Remote Disconnected", they have two very different meanings.

And yes 2 connection to the same host via IPv4 and IPv6 will disconnect one or the other, unless the remote host allows both to be connected (rare).

And depending on your ISP and the other peer/seeds ISP IPv6 can be faster, or IPv4 can be faster.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server