Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

File refuses to be moved.

by Guest on 2015/05/21 07:15:27 PM    
I downloaded a file that refuses to Move/relocate using Tixati.

I like to "Move" my downloads upon completion (right-clicking and selecting "Move" from within Tixati to maintain the link), but one video I downloaded absolutely refuses to move and I have no idea why.

I can rename the file (using Tixati), but that's it. I even tried moving it to different drives, but it makes no difference. It's a standard (MP4) video file, and other files move just fine. Just not this one file.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thx.
by Guest on 2015/05/26 01:25:47 AM    
Could it be that the file is open in another app and therefore 'locked' as "file in use"?

If not, you might try a small utility called UnLocker
by Guest on 2015/05/27 04:04:41 PM    
Thx for reply. No, file is not open or locked. Computer has been turned on/off/rebooted numerous times since initial post and hasn't made a difference.

I can rename the file, open the file, even move it by hand (which breaks the link till I move it back and force a recheck). I just can't relocate it using Tixati. No idea why. The download is 100% complete.
by Guest on 2015/05/28 03:01:27 AM    
send the torrent to devs, with small explanation. maybe something is up with it. support@tixati.com
by Sailor24 on 2015/05/29 01:25:28 AM    
Save the torrent file then remove the torrent from the list. Re load the torrent from the saved file and point it to your file. See if it moves? I have had some issues with admin privileges,now I get left over folders after I move files, but they move. I forget how I dealt but I could find out if your issue gets worse. Thread in another forum.

If it is only the one file and you just want it moved....   You could use the same tech but move the file by hand and on the re load point tixati to that location, make sure you have all checks unchecked and choose stop not start and then use check file.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server