Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[BUG] Upload Ratio wrongly calculated

by DFH on 2015/05/19 10:07:47 AM    
It seems that Tixati is not calculating the upload ratio based on the amount of data downloaded but the total size of the local files.

Please refer to this screenshot:
http://postimg.org/image/h8aoimeyj/

On that screenshot Tixati shows that 444 MiB of File Data were downloaded and 837 MiB uploaded, so the ratio should be 1.885, however, the calculated ratio is 0.183.

On that torrent, i have 4.46 GB of completed files ( 837 MiB / 4,567 MiB = 0.1832712940661266 Ratio )

Usually you wouldn't notice that behaviour, but in my case: A new torrent is released each week, with one extra file appended to the previous ones ( they do this to keep previous files available ) but this makes seeding to a fixed ratio really unfair for some of us. ( on this scenario, it would have to upload 6.69 GiB to reach the 1.5 ratio for the 444 MiB i downloaded instead of the 666 MiB it should be... Way too much, don't you think?)
by Guest on 2015/05/19 11:47:29 PM    
If the priority of the files already downloaded is set to off then they won't be counted as part of the download ratio and you will get the result you want.

The files previously downloaded will still be seeded but the filesize in the Bytes on the downloads screen will only show the size of the files which have a download priority set.
by Pete on 2015/05/20 06:05:24 PM    
It's not a bug. It happens only when completed torrent contents are larger than downloaded bytes. Tixati takes the largest of two values to calculate ratio. I guess it is done this way, in order to use ratio limits for created torrents. If downloaded bytes were used (in this case 0), the ratio wouldn't mean anything and the limit won't work.
by DFH on 2015/05/20 09:17:00 PM    
Uhh, Pete... Downloaded bytes are not 0, they're 444 MiB, i guess you didn't read the post. So yes, it qualifies as a bug.

But i think i understand your point. In the event that i have all the files of a torrent and download nothing, sure, 0 bytes would make the ratio useles (although, on this scenario my intention would be to seed regardless of ratios anyway)

HOWEVER you don't have to stick to a single formula to calculate the ratio... Even a single IF-ELSE statement would help pick the right formula based on the downloaded file bytes.

It would be good to know a dev's opinion on this matter.
by Pete on 2015/05/23 10:41:58 PM    
I have read your post, it just isn't very common to see what you describe, so I commented on what I see mostly. My English is far from good, maybe my post isn't coherent, I'm sorry for that.

Guest's suggestion is good (thanks). I didn't know that the ratio depends on selected files.
by DFH on 2015/06/04 09:47:38 PM    
Oh, thanks for your input, Guest. It's clear now that it's bugged.

The point was to download the one file i was missing, while seeding the others.

if i'm just gonna set the priority of the already completed files to off, sure.. the ratio now works as it should, but it basically gives the middle finger to whoever needs one of the older files since it's as if i didn't have them anyway.
by Guest on 2015/06/05 04:50:40 PM    
The priority only affects downloading.

I'm pretty certain that Tixati is seeding any block which has been completed regardless of what download prioirty it has.

So even though your existing files have a dwonload priority of Off they will still be seeded.
by Pete on 2015/06/05 08:44:52 PM    
Guest wrote:
The files previously downloaded will still be seeded but the filesize in the Bytes on the downloads screen will only show the size of the files which have a download priority set.
The priority is a download priority. Tixati always seeds all complete files.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server