Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati 2.12+

by shag00 on 2015/05/03 02:27:52 AM    
Thanks for a great program and the recent update. I was a little disappointed that a number of reported bugs were not addressed, in particular the ignoring of peers due to some error described as block size and the issue with why IPV6 ipfiltering does not work. I was also disappointed that when I went to  reference some of these posts I found they had been deleted.

The release news post says, among other things, "The next release is coming soon and will contain many new improvements to the transfer queuing system, as well as webseeding support." Now I think it is wonderful that Tixati will be a more complete torrent client but I feel this will be rather pointless if long standing bugs are not addressed. In other words, Tixati will not be a more complete client when some of its core features do work correctly.
by John on 2015/05/03 05:56:08 PM    
I too await a fixed version addressing the most important productivity and functionality issues.

In the meantime - use Tixati 2.11 only if you want to send feedback to the developers and are into software testing. For now - Tixati 1.99 is more reliable.

Currently, I have switched to Transmission for downloading, but hope that the next Tixati release will be more stable, so I can move back to it.
by Guest on 2015/05/05 01:12:40 PM    
Your posts are around, just way down the list.

Most people don't have any problems with tixati so fixing a problem that one or two people have is bad allocation of time and resources. Your fixes are coming. additions like the channels and such are for more people, so they get out first. your fix only helps you.
by shag00 on 2015/05/11 02:53:56 AM    
That's a very American Marketing way of looking at the issue and I know it has a fair bit of currency, GM, for one, followed it for years. Toyota went for quality, now Toyota is the largest vehicle maker and GM has just come out of bankruptcy.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server