Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[2.11] Portable Version and Absolute-Path Categories

by EklectikRuuz on 2015/04/25 11:17:49 PM    
I enjoy using Tixati's Portable version, and my version is up to date (2.11-1). A feature that makes organizing easier is Categories. Due to Tixati seeing the file telling it to be 'portable', configuration paths and etc. are made relative to the executable's directory. However, when setting up categories, the location is not relative, and is absolute. This means manually changing the location each and every time I move Tixati. I feel this sort of defeats the purpose of portability, and being able to sort my downloads by their categories is a wonderful feature that, I feel, a lot of people who use the Portable edition of Tixati find helpful. I have commented in an older thread that has someone else explaining the issue, however I don't think the issue will be addressed by commenting there.

As an example:

TixatiPortable/
---------------App/
-------------------/Tixati (executable is in this folder)
---------------Data/
--------------------Downloads/
-------------------------------Incomplete/ (pieces are stored here)
-------------------------------Complete/
----------------------------------------Category1/
----------------------------------------Category2/

When the folder TixatiPortable is moved or renamed, Tixati still has the path of the Category as the old path, which leads me to believe that it's stored as an absolute path rather than relative.

Is there a workaround for this issue? Is it considered a bug? Will it be addressed in the future?

Thank you for all the hard work on Tixati!

E.R.
by Guest on 2015/12/08 12:26:56 AM    
No to bump an 8 month old thread but... bump.

Is there any plan to implement this?
by KH on 2015/12/10 03:11:50 AM    
What version are you running?  This was fixed several versions ago, and I just tested this successfully in v2.28 on both Windows and Linux.

The paths for category meta-info auto-save and auto-load do have this problem in v2.28, but not the location and move on complete location.  The locations work correctly.  The other meta-info paths have been fixed for v2.29.

If you still get this on v2.28 or above, post an example, with the location path, the old exe path, and then the new exe path (and the location would be the same on both runs I'm assuming).

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server