Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Channel Specific Content Tab Feature

by Guest on 2015/04/24 10:55:30 PM    
Dear Tixati Developer(s),

I would like to ask a question: Why do channel owners ask to "share only the resources related to the channel topic" if there is no tab in the channel where their topic-related shares can be shown? I don't understand this. If I share a game, and a game, does this mean, I should not connect to the film channel, or to the game channel? This doesn't make sense.

I was thinking, maybe you could add a tab where privileged users could add magnet links, and a short description, or something like that. That would be so much more convenient, than to open "browse" every single user, in a hope that this person has, for example, documentaries, and not games shared. What if that person has games and movies shared in his "browse" window? That is a mess. It is hard to find. I understand that we have the search window, but it cannot find almost anything. I just think that adding such a feature as a channel specific share tab where users could add their channel specific content would be very convenient, and involving. It would be more inviting to actually use channels like content directories with a chat feature that allows the users to discuss the posted links.

Thank you for considering this.

Sincerely,
0x000000
by Guest on 2015/04/24 11:13:55 PM    
...If I share a game and a movie*...
by Pete on 2015/04/25 12:36:44 PM    
There are channel specific shares. Actually until latest 2.11 there wasn't a global share. Go to the Channels view, select Share tab and press Edit. There you'll see a line: ##mirror:default which duplicates the default share. Remove this line and you can set a share for chosen channel separately (or add something channel specific to the default).

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server