Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

How to configure Tixati with Torguard

by Guest on 2015/04/19 09:22:36 PM    
Can someone please explain what I need to do to make Tixati work well with Torguard VPN service. My down load speeds are now 1/10th of what they used to be.thanks
by Guest on 2015/07/03 03:05:54 AM    
Ensure TorGuard is configured to connect you to the internet through their closest server in relation to your physical location.
by Guest on 2020/12/27 03:17:26 AM    
There could be a number of things, first, what server are you connected to?  Pick a server that is physically closer to you (the farther your data has to travel, the slower it becomes).

What cipher are you using?  I usually use cipher AES-128-GCM.  This cipher is what banks use.  If this is good enough to secure my data when online banking, then I figure it's good enough when I am using a VPN.  Running a higher cipher can slow down your speeds.

You could try enabling "STunnel enabled".  TCP protocol must be selected.  This adds a second layer of security.  If you have a shitty ISP that likes to throttle certain traffic, like VPN traffic, it may be worth wild to enable.

Last, I assume you opened an incoming port on your firewall.  Tixati will automatically select a incoming port for you but you will still need to open TCP and UDP on your computer's firewall.  You shouldn't have to open a port on your router not unless you have a lot of problems, but I wouldn't recommend it (potential security hole)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server