Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Can't access the internet while tixati is working

by keegan934 on 2015/04/17 05:53:00 AM    
Hello everyone,

I've been using tixati for a long time but this problem started recently
Whenever I open up tixati and start downloading something, if I try to open up a webpage on, for example, google chrome, it will never load and say there was an error and to check my connection. Even if the download stops it still happens. My internet is restored only when I close tixati.
If I don't close it, it won't work.
why is this happening? how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance!!
by loninappleton on 2015/04/18 04:40:16 AM    
Hello,  I have posted a similar problem just down a couple and am interested in any findings and will share back.

Something I noticed recently was that the port one wishes to open for torrents remains "unconfirmed" now.

This is why my question below included setups necessary for
the operating system and the program.

And since my dsl modem comes from the ISP I requested a different one and that they make sure UpNP is installed in setup.  I think they have their setup password protected.

Curiously they said that a large number of their similar old dsl modems appeared to fail over last weekend when my problem began.
by loninappleton on 2015/04/20 02:32:49 PM    
I gave a description up in my thread about what worked here.
If you have access to your setup, go to the UPnP screen and make sure that is turned on.

In the uTorrent program on another box,  I have a separate UPnP access problem.  What does Universal Plug and Play have to do with this anyway?

I gather that firewall settings can prevent access to UPnP, whatever it is.  It's big bother.
by Guest on 2015/04/23 01:36:42 PM    
What you describe is surely not caused by Tixati, but in all probability by security software on your computer, i.e. your firewall and/or anti-virus. It could also be a router limitation, or, more rarely, interference from your ISP.

Technically speaking, there is generally no reason for a Internet connection to stop working or for other programs to be unable to access it when you run a specific program, other than the reasons above.

I'd try disabling or uninstalling them one by one for testing purposes until you find the culprit - anti-virus package, firewall, and making sure that your OS and router are properly configured and able to handle a considerable number of simultaneous connections (google for "windows torrents max connections") without bottlenecking your access.

Please note that all of the above apply to a regular (cabled) Internet connection. Wireless connections, if that's the case, are generally too limited and too unreliable for demanding networking tasks such as torrenting, making them unsuitable for the purpose.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server