Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

How come Tixati takes so long to add new seeds?

by Guest on 2015/04/06 03:29:26 AM    
How come Tixati takes so long to add new seeds. It stays at 55 for at least a half an hour then increases to 145, very slow compared to other torrent programs I've used. The last torrent program I used would connect to 200 seeds in about a minute per slot and use all the available bandwidth I allocated. 10mbps in the daytime when I use other programs, computers and ps3, ps4, and unlimited 55 mbps after midnight when everything else is not in use. I could set 20 download slots and use them all. They would all be done in no time. Tixati takes so long to add seeds that the other program would have had the file downloaded already. How do I speed this up? I only have Tixati set to 5 slots down and 3 up! I would still use the other program but it is a windows 8.1 app and I can't run it in a sandbox like I can Tixati. I've learned from experience that you can't protect your computer from malicious files even if they say they are video files that should do no damage to it downloading them. I've been forced to reinstall windows 8.1 way too many times. I also like Tixati because it has no adware, ads or bandwidth stealing software attached like some other torrent programs. But I have been playing with the settings for weeks now and I can speed it up to where I think it should be. I can run popcorn time in the sandbox and have it save the same torrent file permanently in about a quarter to half the time of Tixati, but only one torrent at a time. If I can't fix this I'll have to look for another program that can work faster.
by Sailor24 on 2015/04/08 01:36:09 AM    
By default Tixati connects to 55 peers. Normally it dumps the slow ones and connects you to new ones. It is possible you have made some changes that slow the recycle nature of the peers. Try this to start go settings/network/connections and find max peers and change that to 100 or 200. Normally 55 peers if mainly seeds will get you max speed but like I said you may have changed something else you should not have.

If you get a big speed change doing that I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling to get virgin settings. Then just change the max peers again, and go from there. You have to watch some of the settings in Tixati there are a lot of advanced settings easily available that change other things than the description reads.
by xMetallicax on 2015/04/10 06:00:34 PM    
Remember that high number of connected peers is not equal to high speed :D
You have to consider a lot of parameters such as the maximum number of connections supported by your network/router/system and how many transfers do you want to run simultaneously.
For example, I drop the maximum number of peer to 30 and set max 3 concurrent transfers.
Tixati developers did a great job and I think default parameters are the best choice for a normal usage.
But if you want to do some optimizations you have to put your hands in the dirty and do your own tests to find the values that best fit your situation :)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server