Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Obsessive-Compulsive file checking on my NAS

by Guest on 2015/03/29 09:04:53 PM    
For some reason, whenever I set my Drobo NAS as the save-to location for a torrent, Tixati spends the entire time endlessly checking and re-checking the files it's downloading. It never finds a problem, but that doesn't stop it from checking and checking and checking. Is there some way to stop this behavior? I don't want to cut out piece hashing entirely, obviously, but I don't want Tixati to thrash my disks to death either.

Relevant system info:
OS: Windows 10 Professional Technical Preview 64 bit, build 10041
Tixati version: 1.99 x64
NAS: Drobo 5N, accessible through SMB
by Sailor24 on 2015/03/30 09:27:49 AM    
There is a way to stop it. Stop doing it that way! You can do things in away that does not happen? Do it that way.
by Guest on 2015/03/31 09:17:53 PM    
I'm reporting a potential bug in the software that occurs when I use it in this way. Telling me "well, stop using it that way" isn't going to improve the quality of the software, it's just pointless trolling.
by Sailor24 on 2015/04/01 06:35:47 AM    
Did you report it to Windows? Likely not, they are the ones with beta testing. How do you know it is not there bug.
by Guest on 2015/04/01 12:17:04 PM    
try going to settings--transfers--local files

and turn on "permissive last-write time checks"
by grizlyadams on 2015/04/01 03:49:21 PM    
I have the same problem on window 7 pro 32bit with a freenas based nas box - using "permissive last write time checks" did not help.

I read a post that said it was to do with the time sync- that the windows box and the nas box were not on the same time or didn't use the same time source. I fixed that by setting up a local time source (on my router) that I pointed both the windows box and the nas box too. that didn't work either.

the nas and window boxes were separated by a 100Mbit network - I have moved them onto the same 1Gbit network and that has improved the situation in that the checks are considerably faster now, but they still happen all the time.

I love Tixati - its by far the best torrent client 've used and suits my needs almost perfectly, but the support is woeful.
by Baptistagrand on 2018/07/29 05:37:35 AM    
Now, I know it's been years since the OP mentioned it, but is anyone finding this on Windows 10 after release?

I have Win10 Pro x64, an Intel Core i7 and enough RAM, it should not be lagging on the check as it is. :(

Anyone finding the same?
by Guest on 2018/07/30 01:02:47 AM    
I have the Drobo FS and do not have this problem.  I also have that recurssive permission turned off in Tixati.

windows 10 (64-bit)
Latest version of Tixati

Not sure of why your having this issue.  I'm assuming that you have the latest of all Drobo's software, admin account, latest Tixati and all that?  

Funny though, if I install Fopnu, THEN my Drobo does exactly what yours is doing... strange...
by loninappleton on 2018/08/03 07:37:04 PM    
Not to hijack but where can I get more instruction on setting up NAS?

My current question in Tixati is simply on adding a boot SSD and having Tixati on a 2tb HDD.

Lastly how could NAS relate to hardware firewall/gateway as an aid to Tixati?
by Guest on 2018/08/04 01:25:11 AM    
valid questions lon, but that iS in fact hijacking a thread.
Best you start your own thread but you knew that already right?

btw... search duckduckgo for info on NAS ... thousands of pages there.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server