Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Blocked on private trackers because it allows spoofing

by Guest on 2015/03/07 12:37:40 AM    
Hi, i recently discovered this program and i have to say it is awesome, simply amazing.

Honestly i can't believe i haven't heard of it before, it's the best client that i've ever used.
There is a problem however, it seems that the client is actually blocked on some private trackers, because it allows spoofing or something like that.

I guess asking to remove features is a bit unreasonable, but would it be possible to release a separate "private tracker friendly" version?

If it ever happens i'd love to make the switch to tixati, either way thanks for making one of the best torrent clients.
by RockyMM on 2015/03/07 07:04:29 PM    
I remember private tracker guys blocking uTorrent when it introduced uTP. Those guys are pretty unreasonable and all they want is to protect "ratios", "fairness" while harvesting expensive download boxes with which they amass enormous DL/UP ratios.

I would suggest that you use different client for such trackers.
by Sailor24 on 2015/03/07 11:32:13 PM    
It is such a dumb block. If you are spoofing then they don't know and you are not blocked. If you are not spoofing then they see you squawking tixati and block you. If you want to use it just spoof. You could try explaining that to the site and ask them nice. If you were a good member before they may let you use it, but will likely ask you to spoof an approved client so that they don't have to make any changes.
by Guest on 2015/06/09 02:15:02 PM    
Exactly which option in Tixati settings is being discussed here?
...how do I activate this spoofing feature?

And what exactly is being spoofed, the client identifier? ...allowing Tixati to pretend to be "utorrent", etc?
by Sailor24 on 2015/06/11 07:25:52 AM    
Yes client identifier just change it to.....
by Napsterbater on 2015/06/13 06:15:27 AM    
You also have to add the useragent string to the announce URL.
by crashnburn on 2015/06/19 07:54:24 AM    
Interesting stuff

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server