Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

New UI Feature Request

by phirke on 2013/09/02 04:39:10 PM    
Hello Developer...
Tixati is very good. I would still suggest few simple changes under "Transfer" tab..
1. If we can sort the list when we click on column header...
2. Also can you add few more columns like... when torrent is added, when its completed
3. Also it would be great if you can add some KeyBoard functionality to operate the complete software...
4. Well this one might be the weird one... Can you do something for exporting the torrent list from Tixati to any file , maybe csv format or something. I just want to find a way to list all the torrent including the file list under it to be exported in notepad or CSV format so that I can keep a track what I have downloaded so far...

Well thank you very much for your efforts for developing Tixati !! :)
by Pete on 2013/09/05 11:26:33 AM    
On Transfers View there's the Layout button in the top right corner. There you can select Sortable View, which enable columns sorting, and under Select Columns... option you can add more columns like torrent Created and Completed time.
by Guest on 2013/12/06 09:57:52 AM    
Is there a way to make Sortable View the default behavior ?

I noticed that it changes back to Ordered View each time I start the application.
by nnq2603 on 2013/12/06 01:58:32 PM    
While Tixati has got that feature which I'm aware of few months recently (not the first days I use it), I highly agree with the first post.

I've got no idea why Tixati provides 2 separate mode: layout UI and sortable UI for that matter?... Is there something really functional behind this behavior? Better just one UI and more natural behavior... Almost users would be glad with just click in top of column in order set thing up, and click again to reverse - and that would be default/factory setup (come naturally for windows user, as you manage/emulate files in explorer). Still a good torrent client though.
by VigilanteP on 2013/12/08 03:58:24 PM    
@nnq2603 - While I also think that the sortable view is the one most people would want by default, myself included, the ordered view does have a purpose.  Instead of sorting your transfers by a certain column it orders them by status (Seeding/Queued/Downloading etc.) and then by their position in the queue within each of those statuses. I don't have a need for the queue system since I rarely download more than one or two torrents at a time and use constant seeding for all my seeds, but that view would be useful for someone that wants to keep track of their queue.

It would be possible to eliminate the need for the two separate views by adding a column for "Queue Position" and making that column sort by "Status" first and then by "Queue Position".  This is the way Vuze does things I believe, but it's a little messy because it changes the behavior of what sorting means for the table, so I think the separate view is a nice solution.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server