Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Download files are larger than it is mentioned on the site.

by Guest on 2015/02/06 08:02:09 AM    
Hi,

I have been using tixati for almost a year and half now. I always knew that downloaded files are little bit larger than what the actual file size should be. But now I am beginning  to notice that the difference between file sizes are increasing. For example. a 77 mb mmkv file, tixati downloaded file size 103,619k ( 103 mb approx), 1.18 gb file is downloaded in 1,345,892k ( 1.34 gb approx ).

Other torrent clients are not facing this issue. Can anyone tell me if this is suppose to happen or is it a bug on which devs are working on?

Also, can you tell me how to change the default views showing MBs and GBs instead of KBs.

Thanks,

Abhinav
by Pete on 2015/02/07 07:00:30 PM    
Tixati displays bytes in decimal units by default. It is common to see file size in binary units, read "Inconsistent use of units" here: . You can change prefixes in Settings > User Interface > Output Formatting. For example set: Largest Unit for Bytes to: "Gi". To avoid confusion, disable "Omit 'i' from Ki/Mi/Gi/Ti unit labels".

In Tixati columns "Bytes DL" and "Bytes UL" are total values (data + protocol). You can see separate numbers for data and protocol in torrent details. In case of partial downloads (for example one album from a discography) it is normal to download some more data than just a size of the files. It is especially visible if the piece size is large and files are sequenced by size inside torrent file. Some pieces may be corrupted and downloaded more than one time, currently Tixati doesn't provide information how much downloaded data is "lost" this way.

I agree that 103,619kB downloaded for a 77MB file is high. I rarely see this problem.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server