Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Please help

by dc2257 on 2015/02/06 03:28:18 AM    
I've been downloading zip files 'forever', and all of a sudden Tixati tries to download them and leaves this log:

Log detail level set to 3
created
peer-id set to TIX0199-1j3
running mode on
initiating load from meta-file C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Temp\file.zip
waiting for other transfers to load meta-files
loading meta-file
running mode off
error: Error parsing meta-file

I've searched thru the settings and can't find a fix for this. It use to always just download .torrent files.
by Sailor24 on 2015/02/09 05:32:23 PM    
Think I understand what you are saying. Think you have a file assoc problem on your computer and the wrong handler or default program has been applied.

Try this , find a zip file and right click it then click "open with" at the bottom of that list you will see "choose a default program". Click that, on the next box you will see "always open with" and a box to check, check it.
Go back up to the list of programs and find the program that you want the zip to be opened with, 7zip, winzip,winrar, which ever program you used before and click it allow the program to open the file before you close it all down. Now just check that things worked by double clicking the zip file.
by dc2257 on 2015/02/09 11:54:18 PM    
Thank you for the reply. The problem unfortunately is not in the opening of the zip file but the downloading. As soon as I hit download all of sudden (recently, maybe after an update??) Tixati goes to download the file and immediately gives that parsing error. All I have to do then is just remove it from the list, but I wish I could just figure out what is going on and fix it.
DC
by Guest on 2015/02/10 01:12:27 AM    
Did you try to uninstall Tixati and install it again?

I suggest to use "Your Uninstaller" (it clears all the left-behind traces), instead of the regular "Windows Uninstall".
by Sailor24 on 2015/02/10 09:52:55 AM    
From your posted log it appears that Tixati is trying to open the zip file. If it is that means it is assoc. to a zip file and it should not be. It appears you need to re assoc your zip files, the steps I gave you will do that, but you could also regedit the assoc out of the registry.
"initiating load from meta-file C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Temp\file.zip"

The other thing that might be happening is the torrent could have a poor title. IE pics.zip.torrent in that case save the torrent and manually delete the .zip from the title and you should load it successfully.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server