Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

tixati gets frozen and doesn't respond on file add prompt

by Guest on 2015/01/21 04:02:53 PM    
this is one of them, everytime i try to add an torrent on that site tixati stops responding on file add prompt and i have to shut it down from task manager. this has been happening for last 4-5 months.
by EvilLivesHere on 2015/01/23 11:58:46 PM    
Did you install any other programs around the time this started happening, such as a new anti-virus program?  Or maybe you updated Tixati about that time?  Also, the version and type if Tixati you have, your OS, and maybe some basic machine specs would be helpful.  Any and all information would be useful in diagnosing your problem.
by Guest on 2015/01/25 11:52:59 PM    
I have the same problem with tixati. When I try to add a file, the dialog window opens but, at the same time, I get another pop-up saying that the program stopped responding and I have to close the program. I'm running Tixati 1.99 64 bit on windows 8.1 64 bits.
I had another client before, so this is the first time I have Tixati installed. Also, it's the first time I try to manually add a file, so I don't know if it worked before.
by Guest on 2015/01/28 08:52:37 AM    
i'm running tixati 1.99 on windows 7 x64
tixati does not respond and i cannot kill in task manager when tixati is left not downloading and not seeding for a few hours or so
the only way is to restart computer please fix
by Guest on 2015/02/05 12:34:56 PM    
Another one checking in here. I've got two machines this happens on. Both 8.1 x64. If you want to trigger it, close tixati and click a magnet link, then quickly click the tray icon before the prompt loads, BOOM trapped. The pop up add torrent window gets stuck behind the main one (or doesn't appear) and thus you cannot interact with the main window. Must be killed in task manager and you have to add the torrent added again.

I've been using Tixati since 1.96 and this has been an issue the whole time. It's the only bug I run into on a weekly basis.
by Guest on 2015/02/11 12:31:01 AM    
Confirmed. Running 1.99 on 8.1 x64.
Tixati is very nice but these lags... It wont respond for seconds and after that it comes back.

Looks like there should be something Threaded.

Greetings
by Guest on 2015/02/27 02:16:43 AM    
Same here.
Tixati V1.99.
Windows 7 x64.
Frequent program crashes.
Windows not affected.
by InstantAli3n on 2015/03/18 01:50:31 AM    
I've created 2 threads about this and they've gotten deleted! (Once for a bad screenshot, but >2 days ago again possibly because I included a tixati.config download link? What gives mods?

Here's how to replicate the issue: (which has been present since at least 1.96 and I accidentally trigger on a daily basis)

1. Set Tixati to minimize to tray and do so.
2. Close Tixati. (Possibly optional)?
3. Click a torrent file to add to Tixati, after the splash screen is gone, double click that file again.

And now it is frozen and must be killed in task manager. This occurs even if the add transfer window is disabled.

Please for the love of pete acknowledge that you know of this bug. It confuses less tech savvy users quite often as they tend to click things many times if the response is not immediate (which it is not, it's more like 2 seconds until splash screen).

Thank you!
by Guest on 2015/03/18 09:51:03 PM    
Here's how to replicate the issue: (which has been present since at least 1.96 and I accidentally trigger on a daily basis)

2. Close Tixati. (Possibly optional)?
3. Click a torrent file to add to Tixati, after the splash screen is gone, double click that file again.

what version of windows you on? I tried this on linux and winxp and things worked fine.
by InstantAli3n on 2015/03/20 01:51:35 AM    
I'm on Windows 8.1 x64.

Now that I do it again I realize I should mention specifically, after Tixati opens when adding the torrent the first time minimize it and double click the torrent again.

I didn't notice it before (possibly because I just reinstalled and things are stock again) but now it's doing the classic Windows "ding" sound that you get when you try to click an unfocused window that is behind a popup window for that program. If you don't know what I mean it's like when you have the Ethernet Status window open with the Network Connection Details open on top of it and you try to click Ethernet Status but can't so you get the ding.

So to summarize:

2. Click a torrent file to add to Tixati.
C. If Tixati is just opening, minimize it after the splash screen is gone, if it's already open, just make sure it's minimized to tray.
4. Double click the torrent again.

I just noticed what's actually happening, I saw the add transfer window pop up as Tixati was maximizing after step 4, and since Windows/Tixati doesn't count it as a separate process window it does not get shown in the task bar. That means there is no way to switch to it and the main window is locked/unfocused/not allowed to be interacted with so you can not minimize it to get to the Add Transfer window. The only option is to end the process in task manager which deletes the torrent you just added and possibly causes rechecking.

I just discovered another option. Even though I've been using Tixati for years I didn't know there was a Reset Windows option on the right click icon menu. If you hit that, Tixati goes windowed and the Add Transfer dialog is placed on top. This is a good workaround and I hope the devs acknowledge it as such and not "problem solved" as it is not obvious at all.

EDIT: I just double checked and disabling the add transfer prompt does prevent this from happening.
by InstantAli3n on 2015/03/20 03:02:51 AM    
PLEASE DISREGAURD MY PREVIOUS POST

I was just editing my post as discovered some more stuff and it went unpending as I was editing so I lost it all. I'm so mad. I'll retype the new version again (abridged)...

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64

Updated Steps:

1. Disable "Activate main window when new transfers are loaded".
2. Mimimize Tixati. It does not matter if it is to tray or taskbar.
3. Click a torrent file to add to Tixati.
4. If Tixati is just opening, minimize it after the splash screen is gone, if it's already minimized, proceed to step 5.
5. Double click the torrent again.

Here's what I think is happening: The Add Transfer and Duplicate Transfer windows pop up as Tixati is maximizing/going windowed after step 5. I've seen them go up behind Tixati slightly before it opens. Since Windows/Tixati doesn't count those as separate processes/windows, it does not show them in the task bar. You'd assume the Add Transfer and Duplicate Transfer windows work the same, but for some reason disabling the Duplicate Transfers window lets the Add Transfers window appear on top. Yet disabling the Add Transfer window has no effect.

There is also a Reset Windows option in the tray icon right click menu. If you click that, Tixati goes windowed and the Add Transfer and Duplicate Transfer windows are placed on top. It's probably simpler to disable the Duplicate Transfers window though.
by Guest on 2015/03/20 06:35:57 PM    
I replicated it. the floating window gets stuck behind the main window. reset windows works to fix it.
by Guest on 2020/05/03 03:45:10 AM    
Very old topic, but the problem still persists
Win10 + Tixati v2.73 Portable mode
Tixati and Files are on D: HDD while Windows is on C: SSD
I'm using it a looong time! Thanks for the best torrent client
by Guest on 2020/10/01 10:26:34 AM    
Windows 10 here, evey time I click the  button, Tixati freezes for more than 10 minutes.
Tixati version 2.75
AMD Phenom II, 8 GB ram, ssd, etc
Chrome and little else running, so ram, storage, etc are plenty for a torrent client.
by glennman on 2021/04/17 07:12:05 PM    
The problem still exists, in Tixati 2.81 (portable) in Windows 10 Pro.
When I click the "Add" button, it takes several minutes for the "Add New Transfer" window to open,
and during that time, "(Not Responding)" appears in the title bar of the main window.
The "Add  New Transfer" window finally does open, but it is frustrating to have to wait for several minutes every time.
Other than that, Tixati is great and I love it.
by Guest on 2022/08/04 08:39:59 AM    
Make an exception for your torrent download folder in your antivirus program. Especially if you are using AVG.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server