Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

IPFILTER HELP    🔒  

by shag00 on 2015/01/20 12:54:56 AM    
I have an issue that I do not understand. I use the ipfilter and have recently discovered that some addresses are being filtered despite not being in list of filtered ips. The ones I have identified do NOT have the little triangle at the left of the ip address. At this point I am assuming that there is a hidden reason for this which I hope someone can explain to me.
by Guest on 2015/01/20 05:28:04 PM    
...The ones I have identified do NOT have the little triangle at the left of the ip address...

What?

There are no "triangles" of any kind. When you want to filter an address you create a text file and type each address, one per line.

Provide a link to a screenshot.
by Pete on 2015/01/20 07:24:53 PM    
The triangle has nothing to do with IP filters. When you click on the triangle Tixati will open a list of pieces being downloaded from that peer.
by shag00 on 2015/01/21 02:32:58 AM    
Thanks Pete but that does not really address the issue.
by shag00 on 2015/02/07 02:58:32 AM    
Some further information, this problem (address banned when not on the banned list) appears to only happen to IPV6 addresses. This appears to be a bug and needs fixing.
by Somename3 on 2016/01/03 07:21:23 PM    
I have the same issue. I have no IPv6 addresses in my ipfilter.dat, but IPv6 addresses are being filtered ("IP Filtered" in "Status" column).
The most interesting part that not all peers with IPv6 addresses are blocked, some of them have status "Timed out connecting" and also Tixati connects to some of them.

Is Tixati really have a bug with IPv6 addresses are being interpreted as IPv4 addresses?
by KH on 2016/01/13 11:42:13 AM    
I have no IPv6 addresses in my ipfilter.dat, but IPv6 addresses are being filtered

This is not a bug.

Tixati translates 6to4 and Teredo IPv6 addresses into their IPv4 source address and checks those against the filter(s).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6to4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teredo_tunneling

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server