Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

0 incoming connections received

by Guest on 2013/09/01 07:49:22 AM    
Hello experts. In the last 2 days I have installed and uninstalled 4 different torrent downloaders. Not one has worked, so the problem is obviously my connection settings.  With Tixati, I have followed the Help and Support guide through to the step where it says "If UPNP is not working for you, this is the alternative.  This procedure may be difficult for users that are new to computing and the internet.  It is important to remember that receiving incoming connections is not necessary for good performance from Tixati, and if you are not confident when it comes to configuring your router, you may not want to do this."

As I know little about computer settings, this has made me stop. Surely downloading a torrent can't be this hard?

If anyone there could help me with some simple advice, I'd be very grateful.
by Pete on 2013/09/05 02:39:47 PM    
UPNP has to be enabled in broadband router configuration too, but sometimes it doesn't work no matter what you do. You can always set a static IP address in your local network and manually open port in router configuration. It can be difficult for the first time but portforward help guides are very clear and well written, I think you should try them.

Without open port you will be able to download torrents but there will be less peers available to connect, so it may take more time or sometimes be impossible to complete download.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server