Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

ipfilter needs updating

by 00bad on 2015/01/16 12:28:06 AM    
Ipfilter will not and has not updated its filter list from "Level 1" (for example) from iblocklist dot com.  In order to update this list I need to enter my username and password somewhere like how Peerblock does it.  Will Tixati be allowing users to enter in credentials like on Peerblock so we can use our fully updated lists we paid a premium subscription to?

I'd rather use Tixati's built in filter feature so I can still surf the internet unrestricted; unlike Peerblock where blocking occurs on a global scale.

"Level 1" blocking currently shown in my Tixati: 751,531,338

Here is the amount of "Level 1" IPs actually being blocked from iblocklist's website: 771,194,891

A difference of 19,663,553 brand new IPs that I am not able to block because I cannot enter any credentials.
by EvilLivesHere on 2015/01/24 12:04:46 AM    
Do you know how iBlockList lets you enter your username and password?  If it's just a simple HTTP auth, you can add your username and password into the URL and it should work.  However, I do not know how iBlockList authorizes you.

As an exmaple, the URL for the list you would use would look like this: http://username:password@list.iblocklist.com/?list=bt_level1&fileformat=p2p&archiveformat=gz

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server