Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Command-line options

by Biep on 2015/01/12 11:39:47 PM    
I can't find the description of the command-line options.  Right now I am looking for the option to start minimised, but I'd like to be able to read through all available options and switches.

Thanks for a great product!
by Guest on 2015/01/13 10:08:22 AM    
Hello Biep

by chance, i saved the page in a txt file

Tixati - Command line options list

There are only 4 options :   (warning CASE sensitive)
   -starthiddenintray: start hidden in tray
   -startminimized: start minimized
   -d# : delay of how long Tixati should wait before working (It still has it's icon in the tray waiting. you can click it beforehand to launch immediately)
   -closenow: closes any running Tixati

i use a shortcut with this syntax : C:\tixati\tixati.exe -startminimized
and it works like a charm

hope it helps
by Guest on 2015/01/13 03:20:02 PM    
Tixati - Command line options list

There are only 4 options :   (warning CASE sensitive)
-starthiddenintray: start hidden in tray (self explanatory)
-startminimized: start minimized (self explanatory)
-d# : delay of how long Tixati should wait before working
 (It still has it's icon in the tray waiting.
  you can click it beforehand to launch immediately)
-closenow: closes any running Tixati
by Guest on 2015/01/13 05:54:03 PM    
I know if you modify the gui and tell it to start minimized, in Ubuntu it creates a startup application with that paramater.  I am not near my tixati cpu now, but I think it is just "startminimized"
by Biep on 2015/03/14 09:26:40 AM    
It works.  Thanks!
by Guest on 2016/07/07 09:31:57 AM    
Is there a way to add a torrent using only the command line?
by notaLamer on 2021/03/12 01:36:46 AM    
Is there a way to add a torrent using only the command line?
Basically you need to 'open .torrent with Tixati', that's the default functionality. For Windows it's called 'Shell open' (just enter the file name in cmd.exe and hit enter or its equivalent: start "" "filename.torrent"). On Linux that's what xdg-open is for. I think launching tixati.exe myfile.torrent is the exact same. If Tixati is running - it will add the file to transfers (and after user prompt timeout, see settings) the download will begin.
_______
I have another question: is it possible to specify a new port when launching Tixati? For example tixati.exe -port 12345. This is for the case when UPnP is not available, but you can do port-forwarding for a new (random) port. Otherwise Tixati would continue to be knocking on the previous port (that got closed).
by Guest on 2021/03/28 09:32:49 AM    
Hey notaLamer,

Have a look at the Scheduler Tasks, if you don't already know?

Add Scheduler Task > Name it something >
ADD+ > Settings > Randomize Incoming Connection Port

It will then change the port however many times you want using the time presets.

I don't see any benefit changing it any more than once or twice a day. Sometimes the DHT needs time to distribute etc?
You can tell this if your firewall logs your old port being hammered for hours after changing the port.

Somebody else pointed out in the forum that Tixati is less than 1% of the P2P the name identifier is more of a giveaway than your port number.
If you wanted proper stealth you'd want Tixati to identify itself as other random clients with those port changes too.

You can change the Identifier on a PER torrent basis. No idea if there is a global setting for this?
TRANSFERS > Select a download from your list > OPTIONS tab > PEERS button > bottom right "LOCAL PEER ID" (uncheck)

You'd need to read up on this. For instance

Identifiers appear to be 20 digits:

-TIX281- Tixati 2.81         IE:  -TIX281-abcdefghijkl
-DE13F0- Deluge 1.3.15
-TR2120- Transmission 2.12
-qB4330- qBittorrent/4.3.3
-UT355W- uTorrent 3.5.5

by notaLamer on 2021/03/31 02:27:35 AM    
Thanks for the reply, guest.

My goal is not to randomize the port per se, but to not keep it forwarded when I'm not online.
However this dictates that whenever I request a port to be forwarded, I cannot know in advance which one I receive. If Tixati were to randomize the port itself, there's a chance that port will not be available (on top of that, it'd require programmatic access to the port Tixati is listening on but the config is encrypted afaik)

I can request port forwarding programmatically (not UPnP) and that'd be enough for a layer of plausible deniability. You make a good point with regards to client ID / DHT node ID, but concealment is not the ultimate goal here.

The web interface doesn't provide an access to port. I haven't thought of the local firewall before... It should work but still is a hacky solution unlike -port1234 ;) I will try it out then. Thanks for the idea (you sort of contributed)
by Guest on 2021/04/01 12:57:11 PM    
Hi notaLamer and (Guest of 2016/07/07 03:31:57 AM)

RE: Your comment on 2021/03/11 07:36:46 PM  - About adding .torrents by shell, WELL there could be an easier way...

You can activate the "WATCH" folder in Tixati:

Tixati > Settings (gears icon) > TRANSFERS section, under 'Meta-Data' > "Open .torrent files moved into this folder"
select and create a folder to 'watch'. If you can write powershell or even win BAT files you could copy over and it will be auto loaded.
You could write a script to check or launch Tixati, like check if the process is running, gives you true/false logic to issue your various commands.  

Doesn't seem like it can add Magnet Links in quite the same way. Not sure how it would handle duplicate file loading as well as that needs manual "OK" clicked.

RE: Your question on port forwarding:

On your port forwarding issue. I was thinking you could set static Tixati to 50000 and map using your router. (50000 <--> 65432) HOWEVER I think that has a flaw,
Tixati will inform the tracker of port :50000 and you've mapped 65432 to your machine so you'll get mismatches?

I am a long time Tixati user and I seem to remember an old setting where you could manually set: Report this "IP:PORT" to tracker.  
Can't find it nowadays tho...

And still you'd need to read/write that port value wouldn't you. Shame Tixati devs couldn't make it write a text file "tixati_active_port.txt" with the active port?

Yeah would be good if Tixati wrote file logs which homebrew scripting could parse and obtain some stats/config like Traffic In/Out and basic status.

Keep asking and I'll keep thinking! :-D

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server