Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Control Over Individual Torrent Pieces

by Guest on 2014/12/22 01:27:46 PM    
I have noticed at times that an individual piece will be near stalled while other pieces have connections with faster peers. At present, right clicking on a a chunk in the pieces pane provides no functionality. If it were possible to request additional connections for an individual piece, it would help me in many situations. Perhaps right clicking could also provide other peer controls such as the ability to disconnect, et cetera.

Thank you for your work.
by Pete on 2014/12/23 08:46:23 PM    
From my observations setting Ultra High priority for a file forces Tixati to download that file first. It is sometimes useful when I wait for the last piece of a file and it is downloaded from a very slow peer - nearly stalled.
by Guest on 2014/12/27 05:36:55 AM    
(OP)

I use the priority functionality everytime I download; it is great! However, I am talking about individual torrent pieces and not whole files. Thank you for your feedback, though.

Edit - Oh, I see your meaning now, but my problem occurs when streaming media that is being downloaded sequentially and a piece happens to end up with slow peers. If I were to wait for the entire file to download, it would defeat the purpose of downloading sequentially.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server