Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

internet suspended

by Guest on 2014/12/20 07:31:52 AM    
Hello,
 I've been a member for a while now and never had this happen until recently, I was browsing online the other night and lost my internet connection tried all the usual tricks still nothing so the next day I called my internet provider to see what the problem was and they told me that my service was suspended because someone was downloading movies off of a torrent site. I told them I would look into it they reconnected me so my question is what did I do recently that I didn't do before for them to track me???
by Sailor24 on 2014/12/21 07:19:39 PM    
They have always been able to track you, unless you use proxies or some other things to prevent this. Did you get any warnings? What country are you in? In most places in the world they can't do what they have done without contacting you before hand.
by Guest on 2014/12/27 01:51:44 PM    
Some basic's

Did you setup to only use "Encrypted"? Settings -> Network -> Connections: Outgoing Encrypted Only, Incomming (Encrypted Only) Safe from them just seeing what your sending/recieving in plain text....
Did you add Blue Tack Lvl1 (Bare Minimum) "Accept Non-Matches/Drop Matches" whichever you prefer.... IP Filter -> Add -> Name: Bluetack Level 1 (P2P), IP List Source: http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=ydxerpxkpcfqjaybcssw&fileformat=p2p&archiveformat=gz

Accept Non-Matches.

more info at https://www.iblocklist.com/lists.php

If you really want security and don't want to spend time setting it up try phantompeer dot com same guys that do the list have a $5 a month VPN...
by Guest on 2015/01/11 07:32:35 AM    
to original 'guest'
you don't download torrents from a site - it doesn't work that way. While you might download the torrent metadata/descriptor file (***.torrent) from a website, that contains no copyrighted content. The torrent content might later be downloaded from hundreds or thousands of other users who 'share alike'.

As to adding some peer block list...rather useless. Thinking such lists provide any meaningful protection against such snooping is dangerous as it creates a FALSE sense of security.  IOW they can watch what you are doing from virtually any public ISP domain in the world.

About the only way to stop this madness is for people to wake up, rise up, take control of their lives and actualize governance by consent. Change the rules of the game. Don't accept the fascist/capitalist paradigm any more. Stop being an Authoritarian, bowing to and empowering bully 'decider' class.
by Biep on 2015/01/12 10:35:31 AM    
Without commenting on the ethics of downloading certain materials, for protection Tor is a great program - and free in many senses of the word.  By using it you help people under repressing regimes at the same time, as they can use your site like you use others' sites.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server