Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati freezes

by johnorford on 2014/12/09 01:39:16 AM    
This refers to 1.99 used with WIN7. Tixati freezes, the title bar is "greyed" and nothing can be changed. Yet Tixati continues to download. I have to go to Task Manager and delete tixati.exe from "processes". Doesn't take long, I'm not moaning, re-installing Tixati stops the behaviour for a week or so. But I'm interested in the why and how. I have several anti-malware progs that are run almost daily so it would be something obscure to have got through. Anyone there with more knowledge than me who can help? I would be glad.
by loninappleton on 2014/12/10 02:54:37 PM    
I have been noticing something similar but in the old 1.96 and it's on Win XP.  The mouse pointer freezes at the Tixati folder and a restart is necessary.

I reinstalled the program and noticed that there is a box to check to
prevent unauthorized users or the like at one of the install dialog screens.  Does this provide some sort of interference?

Will check that thing you mentioned about processes.  Can you give the exact path to defeating the process?

Also, once done, will setting a restore point prevent re-occurrence?
by loninappleton on 2014/12/10 04:54:45 PM    
I belieeve I have at least solved my local problem with the mouse.  I had been editing msconfig due to a constant day/date problem.  This turned on only partial drivers.

The problem really only manifested itself in Tixati search of its directory and then mouse movement in general.

Check your msconfig

Start >  run > msconfig in the program box >  General tab in msconfig >  tick the first item if it is not to 'start all services and drivers.'

Chkdsk also got triggered and that is apparently another option to get your pointer device going.  Through all this my substitute PS-2 mouse functioned as normal.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server