Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati auto bandwidth limiter limiting my download speed

by Guest on 2014/12/08 09:37:15 PM    
So i had this problem that made internet browsing impossible, because it was too slow. So i activated the auto bandwidth limiter, and then i could browse through just fine, and my torrent download speed capped of course as expected.
Now the real problem is when i'm not browsing in the internet, because the download speed is limited to minimum, which my default is 61.4 KB/s and it's too slow.. because my normal speed is like 250 KB/s download. So i get my bandwidth limited even though i'm not browsing, and only using tixati. When i turn off the limiter the download speed goes up, but then i can't browse the internet because it's too slow, so i don't want to always have to activate and deactivate the auto limiter whenever i want to browse the internet or download a torrent .
So please if someone could help i would be very grateful, because i'm loving Tixati
by Guest on 2014/12/26 08:47:59 PM    
same here, win7 sp0.

when browsing, all fast, when torrenting suddenly all goes slow again

partially speedguide.net/downloads.php helps a bit, but i have tuned
 > netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "vpn" mtu=1430 store=persistent

as well after each reboot.(use "netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface" to locate name of yours) strange, tcp monitoring tools show 70% packet loss when torrent client working.

and when limiter is off, torrenting speed goes from 60 kbytes/sec to 900 mbytes/sec (as it should). enabling autlolimiter or limiter at all (for 800 kbytes/sec for example) momentally drops speed.

i think, it is windows's problem, not tixati
by Guest on 2016/01/06 01:09:49 AM    
So for some reason the auto bandwidth limit restricted my bandwidth to 5 kbps. This torrent had very few seeders so i accepted 5kbps. Only realised when i added a second torrent with a fantastic seed to peer ratio that my setting were messed up. Disabled auto bandwidth limiter and am cruising on 700kbps. thats messed up.
by Guest on 2016/01/12 10:19:55 PM    
The bandwidth limiter mainly makes sense to be used for upload bandwidth as that is what kills your download as well if you spend all of the upload bandwidth headroom that is meant for confirming the arrival of previous data.

So if your connection works ping-wise and response times are okay for you, increase the Incoming:Outgoing Throttle Ratio a bit until you are at a good combination of maximum speed and good pings. For example, I have a maximum stable download of around 2000 KB/s and upload of around 350, so I use a ratio of 8,00 to leave some headroom as even if the upload needs to be cut down a bit, cutting the download speed as well doesn't help much to improve my ping.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server