Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Download speed

by Guest on 2014/11/25 04:11:13 PM    
Guys, I have an issue I haven't been able to resolve.

My download speed is 175mbps (about 22 MB/s) but the highest I've seen with Tixati 1.99 is about 3MB/s (an that's rare).

I've tried several other clients (Transmission, QBittorrent, uTorrent) and I'm getting my full speed on a regular basis
(obviously depending on the seeders)

I've also tested Tixati on several PC's so it's not an issue with my PC.

I hate to drop Tixati, it's my favorite, but I would really like to get my full DL speed.

ANY HINTS?
by Guest on 2014/12/05 07:23:52 AM    
Same issue.  I've been wondering why I haven't seen anyone else complain about it.  I almost never get more than a combined 3MB/s on running torrents.  Any other client I can easily max out my connection.
by Guest on 2014/12/07 04:37:22 PM    
There is no such thing as a 175mbps connection, or in any case certainly not for the residential market, which is why your statements that you achieve that speed with other clients is false.

What marketing blurb was used to sell that to you, would be a different matter. You should contact your ISP so they can help you sort out your confusion about your (actual, real) Internet connection speed. If I had to guess, I'd say you're probably capped to 3Mbps, or it could be that they're capping the bittorrent protocol to that speed.
by Guest on 2014/12/07 04:41:23 PM    
Sorry, that should obviously read "... capped to 3MB" (capital "B", for Bytes and not bits).
by Guest on 2014/12/08 09:31:59 PM    
i have a 240Mbit/s connection and i can download full speed with tixati (well i limited to 15MB/s because it slows down my laptop).
So its on your side.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server