Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Files saved in default location when custom location specified

by Guest on 2014/11/20 02:34:30 AM    
I use Tixati 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. After updating from 1.98 to 1.99, Tixati started to store downloaded files in the default location even when I specify a custom location by directly typing a path in the dialog to add a new torrent. I don't browse for a location. I've set "Location and MOC controls" to "Editable Full Paths" and I just append a backslash followed by a new folder name to the default location. This used to work correctly with previous versions including 1.98. With version 1.99 the folder is created by Tixati if it does not exist but it is empty when the download completes. The files have been moved to the default location for the selected category. And "Upon completion, move to this location" is disabled.

For example:

Default location: E:\Downloads\
Custom location: E:\Downloads\Torrent Name\
Filename: data.zip

Result:

E:\Downloads\data.zip
E:\Downloads\Torrent Name\ <------- EMPTY!

I really hope you can release a minor update to fix this very usefull feature asap!
by Guest on 2014/11/24 11:03:47 AM    
If it did not install correctly, sometimes caused by installing overtop of a previous version, odd bugs happen.  Do a fresh install of Tixati and see if that solves the problem.  (Uninstall then re install)
by Guest on 2014/11/26 11:33:12 AM    
Hi again, I am the OP.

I found a workaround by changing the Seeding Location for the category from Same as DL Location to none. Still Tixati needs more testing/fixing in Editable Full Paths mode.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server