Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Lost my categories window after install of Tx 1.99

by loninappleton on 2014/11/16 05:22:40 AM    
The Categories window is not visible.  Is it 'hiding' under
the top left margin?

I'm back on the old version for now.

Also wanted to know (and all this because I don't see a previous post I made) should 1.99 be able to pick up all the torrents in my old tixatidownloads folder?

I've been trying to enter them by hand and was wondering
if I am missing something easier to get my torrent farm going completely without manually loading each torrent file.
by loninappleton on 2014/11/16 07:49:04 AM    
I will check the 'Layout" tab and see if matching settings from 1.96 gets the Categories back.  Never had to use it before.
by Pete on 2014/11/16 10:36:49 AM    
I install a new version on top of an old one. I never had any problem, all my settings and torrents were intact so far. To be safe you should use Tixati "export configuration to file" function before you install a new version. You can enable Categories in Layout menu: Layout > Categories > Sidebar.
by Guest on 2014/11/16 07:08:48 PM    
Yes I found the categories option.  Thanks for answering.

If I have the old format on another disk (I am switching to Win 7 x64)  I can export that to a file name and then import it to this build (?)

Will this bring in my statistics too?  I have a good 2.5 to 1 fileshare ratio.

I am not aware of many features since I set and forget the torrent program when working.

I did notice another odd thing:

I found a tracker list (you may know of an up to date one and please give it if possible)  at Settings  that  did not hold the tracker list after a restart.  I pasted the tracker list in once-- after restart it was gone.

Can you explain some of these finer points of setup briefly?

After that if there is a guide for smoothing things out I can read that.

I've been a satisfied user of Tixati for years and want to stay with it.

An auto login would help as well.
by Pete on 2014/11/17 08:34:44 PM    
The "export configuration to file" function can save almost everything, however I wouldn't recommend it when you have got a lot of partially downloaded torrents (with only some files selected for downloading).

I think too many trackers on a list is not a good idea. From the Settings > Trackers tab I use only the "1. Remove tracker URLs containing:" list, to remove some old trackers that no longer work but are common in public torrents. It is important that the DHT is working properly.

All most necessary configuration is described on the "Optimize" page. Some other useful functions (for me) are: Auto Limiter, Bandwidth Presets, Bandwidth Priority Groups, Layout settings (the Tree View is my favorite) and Categories. Read about them on the Help pages. These settings depends on your connection or your preferences, it is best to try by yourself and see what works for you.
by loninappleton on 2014/11/19 08:49:49 AM    
Ok so use the export when things are completed (?)
I have a list which has been going for years and only have a couple downloading.  When those are done then Export.

What is a current tracker list you would use?

And again, why does 1.99 not take and store a simple text file list delimited by spaces (cr's)?
by Pete on 2014/11/19 09:19:59 PM    
I meant torrents where some files are disabled for download. These torrents show 100% at Status column. After using "Import Configuration From File" they will become 99% complete in Tixati, although files are still 100% complete.

I don't use any list of trackers. Trackers in a torrent file are enough, sometimes far too many.
by loninappleton on 2014/11/20 10:27:15 PM    
I do not have any torrents disabled.  They are on or
taken off using the removal option.

But if they show 99% is it just a matter of getting the 1%
back from the swarm?
by Pete on 2014/11/22 12:56:19 PM    
I didn't mean stopped torrents, I meant torrents with the blue "bar code" icon next to name. Yes, you can seed them after 100% completed.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server