Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Request/Idea

by Guest on 2014/11/13 04:59:34 AM    
First, much props to the devs and contributors to this project.

Request:
Seedbox Mode for incoming connection:
The ability to right-click on a connection and select that it as a seedbox, this mode will attempt to immediately reconnect to it on connection loss. To be able to change the color of the selected connection when in seed mode. user may specify how many auto attempts to auto reconnect before giving up, the variable number would be best decided by the dev, but I would not place it above 10 reject retries as not to over burden the seedbox with requests and/or if the connection no longer exists. Reconnection interval adjustment ability would be a plus but not needed, my preference would be two seconds apart. The reject retry counter would reset to zero when successfully connected.
Counter will ignore connection status: Connecting, handshake, securing connection, self connect, both peers complete. Will accept status: Connection aborted, reset, timed out, over max connection.

Reason:
Some seedboxes are fussy and randomly disconnect and I often have to manually reconnect. I am most always successful and torrent starts again but I do not wish to babysit a torrent for any kind of decent speed and seed ratio. This would be nice in the new version, I hope it is considered. Other than this request, I have very little issues with this client and can achieve speeds I could otherwise only dream of compared to other clients so i'm here to stay. Thanks much!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server