Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

new lan mode

by jcgeny on 2014/11/10 07:06:23 PM    
Tixati is very cool and flashy with all its graphics ;']
i use it more and more mostly for internet transfers , i am used to use utorrent for lan transfers , i asked them to check that point years ago  , by now it is perfect . my pc for torrent is at 100 Mb and utorrent in lan use it all .

like i posted in their forum asking for enlargement
i post the topic because it has some ideas that tixati can create too ;'] , torrents clients are not so used to transfer To
but i think they are the safer way to do it without loosing data .

Tixati is not handling speed very well , i have two pc with two nic that have link aggregation on a switch compatible , so my bandwith is 2 Go/s but torrents are below 5 Mo/s
beside that when i create a torrent that set the output bandwidth to 20 ko/s
the other bug is that i have to add the ip 192.168.x.x of my server to all torrents

so i would like to have in tixati a lan-mode ;']
with most of its effect in the bandwith but also in the upload and file allocation : i mean that instead of sending random packets then tixati read the file from the beginning so the client write it without fragmentation and without the need of pre-allocating the file  .
at the same time it turns the torrent in a private mode with no asking the dht

i hope to be understood easily , i also have a question about jumbo packets , is tixati able to use them ?
by Guest on 2014/11/11 07:15:30 PM    
what exactly is "lan-mode" and "jumbo packets" ??? i've never used utorrent and never heard of this.
by Guest on 2014/11/12 04:25:27 PM    
the lan-mode is something i described to optimize files transfer : it means only searching peers in a short range of address [ mostly private ips ]
and delivering packets in the order of the file , reading from the beginning to the end so spinning drives will have the fastest speed .

jumbo packet is related to mtu that is normally limited to 1500 octets , jumbo packets are 4500 or 9000 octets in one packet , it exist only with gb speed and above
by jcgeny on 2014/11/12 04:30:04 PM    

the lan-mode is something i described to optimize files transfer : it means only searching peers in a short range of address
and delivering packets in the order of the file , reading from the beginning to the end so spinning drives will have the fastest speed .

jumbo packet is related to mtu that is normally limited to 1500 octets , jumbo packets are 4500 or 9000 octets in one packet , it exist only with gb speed and above

one bug i did not wrote is that when you load settings , Tixati should ask to change the network port or not . because settings can be used with multiple machines , may be by an increase of 1 or a box to set it number in case of manually opened ports .

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server