Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

set permanent upload limit when downloading

by Guest on 2014/10/25 11:06:44 PM    
hi all. I wonder if someone could tell me how to permanently set an upload limit when downloading? I haven't managed to find out how to do so and have to set that limit every time I start a download. I am using the latest portable tixati atm

many tnx
jimbo
by Pete on 2014/10/26 10:31:11 AM    
Go to the Bandwidth View, click "Limit Outgoing KB/s" and enter a limit. Tixati should remember this setting.
by Guest on 2014/10/26 03:08:52 PM    
tnx for reply, pete.
do you mean click the blue and red 'Bandwidth' button at the top of tixati or the bandwidth button below where the details of the file I am downloading are showing? if you mean the coloured icon, there are incoming and outgoing limit buttons. if I select the outgoing button and set a limit, when I check what is happening with a file I am downloading, (ie, right click on the file in the main download window) the setting is always ay 'No Limit'. I then have to change it to what setting I want to use. I have to do this with every file. is this right or not?
by Guest on 2014/10/27 04:53:44 AM    
setting the bandwidth on this page, sets it for the whole program:
http://support.tixati.com/bandwidth%20view

setting the bandwidth on this page (by right clicking), sets it for that torrent only:
http://support.tixati.com/transfer%20properties%20-%20peers
by Guest on 2014/10/27 08:41:48 PM    
tnx for the info, Guest. the problem for me is, I don't get the same screen as you have shown in the first link. I get the graphs but not the bits on the right hand side of the image, ie Maximum KB/s, Trading etc. could it be because I'm using the portable?
by Guest on 2014/10/29 04:05:49 AM    
its because the pic is out of date. nothing to do with running portable. there is a layout button on the bandwidth page with 3 choices.

-standard--buttons(incoming/outgoing limit, auto limit, etc..) on top, then incoming bandwidth graph and then outgoing graph.

-auto limit--same as standard but add a ping graph to the bottom.

-controls on right--buttons on the side with incoming/outgoing graph.

the incoming/outgoing buttons affect the whole program.
by Guest on 2014/10/29 08:56:16 AM    
the image you spoke about is available, i just didn't know it. i found how to get it to look like it and can see   what you mean now.

many tnx for the help. appreciated. will post back if i have more problems

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server