Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Automatic restart of 'stopped peers' possible?

by Guest on 2014/10/20 04:48:38 PM    
Hello, i don't know if this has been asked earlier, but sometimes i got this problem with some peers:
(had the same problem with 1.96 also iirc, but using 1.99 at the moment)

After a transfer gets started sometimes a peer gets first connected and my client starts seeding him as normal but after a while it starts to go down slowly until the transfer is totally stopped at 0 (but still connected).

This happens only seldom and with peers from different countries and with different clients, seemingly without reason
(more distant countries *seem* to show this behaviour more often, but this is only a subjective observation).

Interestingly, if i manually disconnect/reconnect those peers they start to surge up to their former transfer speed for a while and then going down again.

My question now is, how can i configure Tixati v1.99 that it does that automically after say 1 second of zero speed?
by Guest on 2014/10/20 09:58:02 PM    
You can't, but the client should handle reconnections or connections to new peers itself after a period.

The problem you describe sounds like ISP traffic shaping, but I suppose it could also be caused by issues with your own network or hardware.  If you're using wireless you try plugging the computer directly into any router/modem you may have to see if that helps.  Also, try swithing between "Encrypted Only" and "Unencrypted Only" in Settings > Network > Connections, and also between "TCP Only" and "UDP Only" to see if that changes anything (run each change for a while).

What percentage of peer connections generally do this?  All of them, or just some?  Are you sure the transfers are not just being choked either locally or remotely?  Does the bandwidth graph for each of these peers indicate a gradual decline to zero, or immediate stop?

Could be worth naming the ISP you use too to get an idea of how it relates to others experience on the same provider.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server