Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

DHT: Port always unconfirmed

by Guest on 2014/10/19 12:11:24 AM    
I have tixati on a personal computer with Windows XP and a broadband router. I have carefully followed the "Optimizing Tixati" guide. Have created an IP static address and forwarded it in the router, and everything worked fine for one day: In the "DHT" tab I had the status: running, and I was able to download the torrents I wanted. In the next day I am no longer able to have a confirmed port! I have confirmed my IP static address and that the port is open on my computer, with the "PortForward Network Utility" software. At the "Home" tab of Tixati I have the message "DHT: UDP port bound OK.  Startup complete", which I think it is good, but after that I have "UPNP router TCP port forwarding: could not find proper control URL in reply from #router IP#". I do not understand what happened! Can anyone help me?
by Guest on 2014/10/20 02:08:31 AM    
where are you seeing this message:

"UPNP router TCP port forwarding: could not find proper control URL in reply from #router IP#."

where is it telling you its unconfirmed?

you barely need DHT anyway.
by Napsterbater on 2014/10/21 07:36:08 PM    
"UPNP router TCP port forwarding: could not find proper control URL in reply from #router IP#"

Is basicly saying UPNP is disabled or broken on your router, which if you forwarded the ports on the router you don't need UPNP and can uncheck the "Use UPNP to forward port on router" box in Tixati under "Incoming Ports" then click change on both boxes and uncheck it in both places.

Just confirm that TCP and UDP ports in the Tixati Incoming Ports screen are the same you forwarded on the router to the static IP, and that you didnt use port triggering but straight port forward.

Also please post your router and/or modems make and model number/s, and what ISP you are on.
by Guest on 2016/03/22 07:31:50 PM    
My tixati also shows DHT PORT UNCONFIRMED.  It appears on the Tixati screen at the bottom.
Please help to get this issue sorted out.
by Napsterbater on 2016/03/24 10:15:19 PM    
As said before, this is because port are not forwarded correctly, either forward the ports or enable UPNP and confirm they are open to the outside world.
by Guest on 2022/05/19 11:08:58 AM    
Have done everything tixati says firewall wise and Router nothing has changed maybe its about time the help screen was updated who Windows 95.or Xp Windows 7 now we have 10&11. I love Tixati & I do Donate but even the screen shots are old. Would just like to be able to share what I have quicker to others. My speeds are 500MB & 40 upload. I do not mean to sound patronising it's just a question i am not as you can see a tech wiz. Haha.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server