Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

tixati can't remember window size

by Guest on 2014/10/03 08:59:53 PM    
Hello,

No matter how I resize Tixati (every part of it, columns too), every time I relaunch it, it goes back to its default window size. It is happening with the latest version of Tixati as it has happened with the previous ones. I have tried everything, but nothing helped. Any ideas?

My OS: Win 7 x64

Thanks and keep up the good work!
by Guest on 2014/10/05 01:26:44 AM    
Try right-clicking the Tixati systray icon > Reset Windows, see if that helps.
by Guest on 2014/10/06 12:24:28 PM    
Thank you for the reply but it's not working.

Anybody else? Please give advice...

Thanks!
by Guest on 2014/10/07 02:21:36 PM    
I'm on Win7 as well and I've never experienced that with Tixati. You could always try uninstalling and re-installing anew, but it's more likely a issue with your OS shell (i.e. Windows Explorer), or maybe you have a security program that is preventing window size/position settings to be saved on the Windows Registry. Is Tixati the ONLY program on which this happens ?
by Guest on 2014/10/08 04:57:49 PM    
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, Tixati is the only program that I'm experiencing the problem with. Everything else works just fine. As for security software, I'm using Avast! Free, nothing else.

I'm all out of ideas... :(
by Guest on 2014/10/13 04:40:45 PM    
I've also had this exact same issue with Tixati v1.99 and the last 2 previous versions.  After first installing it, it would remember the window size, but after running and rerunning it quite a few times it just starts to forget the size of the bottom half of the window, usually the filelist and peer list as I always have to drag it back up to see more of these lists.

On a side note, when is that limit on the minimum and maximum peer connections gonna get fixed?  I've seen a few threads on here about the peer limits already.  I was trying to download something the other day with over 700 seeds and thousands of peers and it was downloading at a snails pace because I couldn't even connect to a decent set of seeds, and I constantly had to click on slow peers to ignore them just so I could connect to other peers in the swarm.  I uninstalled Tixati and went back to uTorrent, turned up the max peer connections to over 800 and it's zooming away right now.  It's a shame because I switched to Tixati for the simple facts that it looks just like the old WinMX program that I loved years ago, and it's not packed with adware crap like uTorrent.
by Guest on 2014/11/15 09:30:55 PM    
Guest on Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:40:45 GMT

I've also had this exact same issue with Tixati v1.99 and the last 2 previous versions. After first installing it, it would remember the window size, but after running and rerunning it quite a few times it just starts to forget the size of the bottom half of the window, usually the filelist and peer list as I always have to drag it back up to see more of these lists.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Sadly, there is no fix as of yet (at least, I know of none).

Has anybody succeeded somehow in fixing this ?
by Guest on 2015/07/12 09:51:26 PM    
Just to be sure, this issue hasn't been fixed yet, right?
by Guest on 2015/07/14 07:17:41 AM    
Seems so, I'm experiencing the same.
by Guest on 2015/07/17 02:40:40 PM    
So am I. We need this to be fixed ASAP. Please!
by Guest on 2022/12/31 02:44:06 PM    
Nope, my problem is different, will make a separate thread.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server