Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Error Saving Config File - Freezes Input

by LREmery on 2014/10/01 03:57:09 PM    
An error message is being generated whenever the file "bwpresets2.dat.temp" tries to update itself. The "Retry" option does nothing and the "Ignore" option removes the error message from the screen, but it returns after a few minutes. I can manually delete the file, but Tixati soon re-creates it, then generates the same error again after a few more minutes. Although Tixati appears to continue to transfer data normally, the interface seems to be frozen and items won't respond to right or left-clicks and scroll-bars no longer function. Why is this happening and what can I do to correct whatever is wrong? Please help! Thanks!

Larry

Tixati - Error Saving Config File - Access is denied - bwpresets2.dat.temp
by Guest on 2014/10/02 10:19:06 PM    
Maybe you have something like anti-virus software interfering with access to the file.  If so, try disabling it, or excluding Tixati/those files from being scanned.
by Sailor24 on 2014/10/03 11:51:13 PM    
This has been asked before, I don't think it got answered well. As the previous post suggests something might have that file open. If another program is looking at that file access will be denied. First thing I would try is to go into each of my anti virus and anti malware programs if used and exclude the path to that file. That means those programs will not look at it.

Personally I would use a program from system internals and have a look at file calls and see what other program is looking at that file, there would also be an error message there. If you can get there from here you filter everything but that file. If you don't the program returns too much info and you get lost. Off the top of my head it is called process monitor. You will need to be running as an admin.
by Guest on 2014/10/05 01:35:51 AM    
"Process Hacker" is another useful (and free) tool for finding out what's accessing what.
by Guest on 2015/08/08 04:08:25 AM    
Just installed 2.15 on Windows 10 Pro: still popping the "can't save config file" message as its immediate predecessors did on both Win7 SP1 and Win 10.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server