Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[v1.99] Hangs and title-bar buttons dont work.

by Guest on 2014/09/23 11:09:27 PM    
Weird issue. yet Tixati is still running in the background, since the bottom status bar is still downloading/uploading since its showing my speeds, DHTs and such.
But I cant close (via the X, tray icon still fully works) minimize or even click anything inside Tixati's window, Windows 7 doesnt change the window to faded white to indicate a "Not Responding" window.
Only rememdy is Exiting Tixati via the tray icon as everything there is still responsive.
Windows 7 64 Ult.Ed

Downloading to an internal HDD.

I've been using Tixati for the longest time and love the fact it has the torrent search function to locate a previous torrent I may have gotten or not, and even while grabbing torrents it shows me if theres a duplicate.

I currently have over 1000 torrents in my completed list, for listing and organization purposes of what I have previously gotten or don't have.
but this is years old. I've just always upgraded never "fresh/clean" installed due to the fact I like to keep this list or if I do fresh install after a format, I restore all setting using Import/Export Config Settings (obviously I export everything before a format).

Is the hangs due to such a big list or is it 1.99, I do not remember any problems with 1.98.

Alternative:

How can I export just the list (not settings and such) and view as a text file or if I can have tixati search the list as an external file if I ever grab a duplicate instead of storing the entirety in Tixati, if this is causing the slow and hanging problems.
by Guest on 2015/01/12 01:19:15 AM    
I too have the same issue, But I'm getting this from a Debian Wheezy box, running lxde on a Xen based vps.

(Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.63-2+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux)  Using Tixati V1.99 (.DEB)

When I run tixati from a shell, AND any one of the menus are open, (Ie: Add) or I change from say transfer to bandwidth I will get a bunch of warns:

(tixati:3699): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_scrolled_window_add(): cannot add non scrollable widget use gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() instead

I also know that this warn is a GTK depreciation notice, and isn't the "cause" of the problem.. (I think)  

Now, this seems to be either a leak or is cumulative, because the more times these menus are accessed, the slower the program gets, yet downloads remain good.. I don't know how to tell or report memory size increases in processes in linux (Yet)..

There have been times I have killed the process.. wait about 30 seconds for garbage to clean up, and re-fire it up, and I'm able to access the menus for a while..  

Willing to be a lab penguin.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server