Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Central server with clients on network

by Guest on 2014/09/22 07:38:15 AM    
Hi,

Is it possible to install tixati on a decicated PC, then have Tixati (or anything really), that will add torrent to the tixati download queue?

I get the rss feeds stuff no problem, but I want all torrents to download through one PC. Each client should be able to see the files in Tixati's downloaded and completed queues.

Is such a thing possible with this software?

thanks
by Pete on 2014/09/22 09:14:51 PM    
Try the Web Interface.
by Guest on 2014/09/23 11:32:51 PM    
Thanks. No I don't believe that does what I want.

I want a centralized torrent server. All torrents can be added/deleted by a client PC but they are added to the download queue ON THE SERVER, not on their PC

Sure, the web interface will allow me to query the download queue, which is part of what I want. But the main thing is person sits at his computer, finds a torrent he wants to d/l, adds it to tixati on the server, which is downstairs, without getting out of his chair.
by Pete on 2014/09/25 12:04:45 PM    
You can remotely add a magnet link or a torrent file with the Web Interface. Use the Add button on Transfers page.
by Guest on 2014/09/27 04:04:00 AM    
Ok, I must have missed something.. That's embarrassing :-)
by Pete on 2014/09/28 10:54:19 AM    
Configure Tixati and the Web Interface on the server, then using your browser on the other computer go to the server's IP. For example, if the server has LAN address 192.168.0.10, go to: 192.168.0.10:8888/ , port 8888 is default, you can change it inside Tixati settings. You will be asked to enter username and password by Tixati. After that you can do quite a lot of things remotely with the Web Interface.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server