Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Existing file with incorrect size what to do?

by Guest on 2013/08/25 05:33:05 PM    
Hello. I am not good at english so i would write much here :D Just trying to get some help how to dl torrent with this kind of problem. I hope someone can help me fix it. Thanks

"[17:32:25]  error: Existing file with incorrect size > D:\Downloads\somefile.exe"
by Guest on 2013/10/01 03:47:37 PM    
I'm getting this too.  On Transfers screen, several torrents display "Need to check" under "Progress" and "Existing file with incorrect size" under "Status" - they don't appear to be doing anything - no downloading or seeding.  I tried "Force Re-check" and that didn't fix it.  Also, clicking on the item and trying to "Start" it, but that doesn't help either.  Any ideas?  Do I need to run a chkdsk?  I found one of the problem children online, clicked the magnet link and added existing trackers to what was already running, but that also didn't help.  Could the problem be with the original seeder?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
by Pete on 2013/10/03 06:31:37 PM    
I had this problem once. I solved this by checking which file is the cause, renaming it and downloading again. If there are a lot of files with this error, maybe some software is modifying them when opened, for example audio player may automatically update metadata.
by Guest on 2013/10/03 08:40:40 PM    
I'll add my problem to this which seems to be recurring.  One long-running torrent all of a sudden came up with the need to check problem when no activity by me on tyhe disk had occurred.

 Previously I noted the file size problem when simply making a copy to watch elsewhere.  At that time I was able to retrieve a right size copy from a backup drive with the same Tixati program.

  What kind of programming check can be added for this at program level?  My pressing the check button does nothing.  And it seems to add something to a thumbs file only.
by Guest on 2013/10/15 06:06:23 PM    
Same problem here
i recently copy files from another torrent client and tiaxti says the file size is incorrect
i only copy the file. i didn't gave the same pathway for the both clients(tiaxti and other client has separated download locations)
but the file is downloaded perfectly well from other torrent client
Force re check also not working nor the torrent starts in tiaxti
by Guest on 2014/02/25 08:40:54 AM    
Yes, similarly.
1. This is critical for large files is not fully received by other programs, complete source can not be, or it is very slow. utorrent and others can continue downloading. Manually change the size is good, but troublesome.
2. Mixed torrent distribution. One of the many file can be different, but even if it is not marked for distribution, it blocks. Separate directory and hardlink for the same it works, but not well and troublesome.
by Guest on 2014/02/26 08:22:39 AM    
This problem is one of the reasons I keep a copy of uTorrent still installed.  While Tixati sees the minor file size difference and throws it's hands up and refuses to do any more, uTorrent will allow you to force a recheck and show the file as only partially complete in many (but not all) cases.

I open the same torrent in uTorrent.  Force recheck.  It gets to 98 or 99 percent and stops.  Then I start that torrent, allow it to download a good copy of those last piece(s) and repair the file and write the changes to disk.

After that is done, I can switch back to Tixati, tell it to check the files again, and now everything is fine.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server