Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Can't find any DHTs no matter how many torrents I start

by Guest on 2014/09/20 07:35:19 AM    
I read the guide to optimize Tixati, and I tried to add a bunch of torrents to find DHT, but I've been sitting here for about an hour now and still I've got nothing.  It sends out queries for DHT but never any responses.  I don't know if this is an isolate issue or not, but I was unable to download with uTorrent and that's why I decided to try Tixati, with still no luck.
by Sailor24 on 2014/09/21 08:55:26 AM    
It sounds like you don't have an open port. Read the guide on port forwarding. then come back with your questions. You can also go to portforwarding dot com. Don't buy the tool just follow the instructions for your router or modem. Then download there free port checker and confirm you have an open port.
by Guest on 2014/09/21 10:39:40 PM    
That's the thing.  I disabled my Firewall and still I can't torrent.  I'm extremely tech-savvy, as I fix computers quite often.  I can't download using Tixati, however, my friend can, on my connection.  I completely disabled Windows Firewall and for an extra precaution, I added an exception for the app.  My friend uses the same port that I use for Tixati, and yet, he can download on the same connection as me and I can't.
by Sailor24 on 2014/09/25 09:16:37 AM    
I know not where to begin. I will try, Windows firewall is not your only firewall. Do you have a router? Do you have a separate modem? So you understand I am not asking dumb questions, they both have firewalls built in. I can help you diable them. On the HOME screen of tixati in the lower right says something about incoming connections, what is that number?
by Guest on 2014/10/26 10:16:57 AM    
As I said though, those questions wouldn't answer anything I haven't already answered.  I, for some reason, am completely unable to download on my connection, however, my friend can download with no problems at all on my connection.  I can't torrent at my house at all, while he can.  So my modem or router settings don't really matter because we use the same port and everything.
by Guest on 2014/10/26 10:49:45 AM    
Alright, so update, so the only way I can start any torrent, of any kind, is to start a VPN, start downloading the torrent, then disable the VPN.  I need to do this anytime I start up any torrenting program.  I don't know why.  So it's kinda solved, but I mean, it's not at the same time.
by Guest on 2014/10/27 04:46:58 AM    
sounds like a problem with your comp. you cant download but your friend can, and it happens with other programs for you.
by Guest on 2014/10/27 06:38:16 AM    
Well, I know that, but I need to know what specifically, as I can't find what's wrong, or what's going on.  My computer is only about 4 months old, so it shouldn't be having any hardware issues, and I have done several virus scans to see if that's the problem, and it's not.  So I'm trying to figure out if there is a common issue I'm just not seeing or what.
by Sailor24 on 2014/11/01 01:51:30 PM    
Have you tried turning off your firewall. When you open VPN you open a whole thru your firewall. That does not close until you shut down the computer.
by gringodingo on 2014/11/06 08:28:26 PM    
Hi I had the very same problem as described above, wenth through the same steps and still no results. As also mentioned in the replies is that your router acts as a firewall. I have a Huawei Wifi router that I have two computers and Tv and Sat boxes behind so a few different
local IP numbers.

In the routers admin page look for something called DMZ and make sure that it is enabled and that your computers IP is the DMZ host adress.
By the sounds of it your friends adress is in the DMZ and that is why he can use Tixati without problems. I am not sure if it is called a DMZ
on all routers but here is how it's described in the admin page.
----
DMZ
You can set a computer as the DMZ host that is open to the Internet to implement unlimited services and data exchange, such as online gaming and meetings.
Note: The DMZ host must be self-protected.
---
When I set my computer IP to the DMZ host adress then everything worked great lots of connections ect. I also noticed that the local IP-s change for the various machines when you restart the modem. Also you might want to turn this off after downloading because you are pretty open for quests.

hope this helps a bit.

GD
by Guest on 2014/11/08 12:55:05 AM    
First of all, sorry for my poor English. I am running Tixati 1.99 on  Windows 10 with a Buffalo router, I can't  receive any DHT connections too. I think the problem is how Tixati handling UDP connections from DHT, not  the port on router or firewall opening or not. I tried upnp and port mapping they didn't help,  only DMZ Host can make DHT "running", else "port unconfirmed". But I have incoming connections on TCP port when I am using upnp or port mapping, so everything works well except the UDP connections. DMZ seems to the only way to make it work just now, but why do I use it ? Others like utorrent and emule  don't have this problem, so it's not the problem with my OS or my router, it is a bug of Tixati. Please stop letting us to open any port or something like it, just fix this bug.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server