Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Unable to Open file: Network path was not found

by hedron on 2014/07/14 05:49:33 AM    
Everytime I change the folder of my torrents/done/downloading folders I get the above error when Tixati opens and attempts to download/upload the files(in the status column of the transfer window).  This typically happens when I change my server.  I have no idea how to fix this problem without re-downloading all my files, which I don't want to do, even though that is what I've always done in the past.

I'm not convinced this problem is specific to Tixati as I remember it happening with other torrent clients.

Attempting to "move" the files via the menu does not work because the location Tixati think it's in no longer exists.  Why can't I just tell Tixati where the done/torrents/download folder is?

This is error log:

[11:40:14 PM]  files check interrupted
[11:40:14 PM]  running mode off
[11:40:14 PM]  error: Unable to open file: The network path was not found. > \\LUSKAN\docs\torrent\Done\file.txt
[11:41:11 PM]  moving data location from \\LUSKAN\docs\torrent\Done to \\AMN\annex\torrent
[11:41:11 PM]  error: Unable to open file: The network path was not found. > \\LUSKAN\docs\torrent\Done\file.txt
[11:47:33 PM]  running mode on
[11:47:33 PM]  waiting to start files check
[11:47:33 PM]  files check interrupted
[11:47:33 PM]  running mode off

Of course, it would be nice to have a global setting and not have to "move" every individual file.  Because I'm not going to move every singe individual because that's too much effort.

Opening Tixati as administrator does not work.

Please advise.  Thanks.
by Pete on 2014/07/15 07:32:07 AM    
If I remember correctly Vuze has got two different functions, one to move files and second to only point to place where they are. I think it is a good idea.
by Sailor24 on 2014/07/15 08:47:52 PM    
I am a little confused. How does this path disappear \\LUSKAN\docs\torrent\Done\file.txt ? When you say change your download location be more specific if you can? Are you doing that in Tixati or outside? What is your operating system?

I have a few tricks to make Tixati look in a different place but not sure they will work in this situation and it will take some words so I don't want explain something that is wrong.
by hedron on 2014/07/17 06:23:38 AM    
I don't know how to be more specific.  That's the path to where my torrents download.  What don't you understand about file paths? Sorry, if that sounds too curt.

Ok, maybe I'm misunderstanding you.  It disappears because it no longer exists.  It is located on a network share that has been permanently dismantled.  The \\AMN location is the new one.

I don't ever put anything up to seed because of this issue.  I'm 90% sure it's not a tixati specific issue.  I really would seed more, but path finding/rearranging in torrent clients is for the birds.  Unless there's something I'm missing...
by Sailor24 on 2014/07/18 07:20:41 PM    
Did you move the files from the first location to the second location? Now your problem is you want tixati to find them at their new location? How many files or GB are we talking about?
by hedron on 2014/08/01 04:08:27 AM    
They are on the same hard drives, just in a different computer.  I have pointed to them in the preferences.  The problem is that Tixati is not recognizing those new paths I set.
by Guest on 2014/08/02 11:14:45 AM    
Just re-add the torrent with new location specified then do force check.
by hedron on 2014/08/13 09:42:26 PM    
Thanks, but that's not working.  I guess I'll just have to be a leech.  Sorry, but I have no choice in the matter.
by Guest on 2014/08/14 12:02:14 AM    
Fuck, re-adding the torrents screwed up all my current downloads.  So, I'd advise anyone who has a similar problem not to do that.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server